Viking Aquavit lounge question

Francis M

I've read in a few spots here that you can get some kind of food at dinner time in the Aquavit lounge. I assume you're ordering off the bar menu and paying?

Any comments on the menu?

Just planning on being too tired for the big dinner at least once.

Frank

There is no charge for dinner in the Aquavit, however the menu is very limited - maybe about 6 items in total with no dessert. We meant to try it one night on our cruise but we just kept going into the dining room every night. It should make for a very quiet dinner, as almost no one ever partakes in this dining alternative.

Gary Cruiser is correct that a light meal is available evenings in the Aquavit lounge - one couple happily ate there every night of their cruise last fall. Will try and find their posts tomorrow when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks everyone. It's nice to know there is an option if we're a bit tired. I enjoyed all of your posts around the Christmas markets Foto Peg. We are doing the Heart of Germany cruise this December.

Frank

Francis M ~ here's a thread begun by Embracedbylife. She and her husband took the Viking Amsterdam to Basel Rhine River cruise last December.

They successfully cruised in a "different" way, in my opinion, mostly avoiding the ship's tours and going off on their own. They also ate dinner in the Aquivit Lounge nightly.

While their cruising style might not be mine, it does show that even RCing is flexible!!!!

Enjoy ~

Live Reporting from Viking Rinda Amsterdam to Basel - Cruise Critic Message Bo