Mariner (somewhat live)

tallship

The inconvenience is not slight it is irritating. We don't need apologia, we need action from Regent

Rumor has it that Regent does this for tracking purposes. They also have the automatic cut off (which, as I understand it is now 45 minutes instead of 60) so that passengers with free internet don't try to stay logged on when they are not using the internet. I would be happy if Regent went back to the way it was but are still happy to have internet.

I notice that you are new to the Regent board. Welcome! It sounds like you have sailed Regent previously and were a bit upset with the internet. Many of us are looking forward to later this year when the internet will be both faster and hopefully easier to sign on to:-)

Responder: Sorry -- things have been calm around here and I don't wish to argue with you. If anyone does not like what Regent does, they can go to another cruise line. I am appreciative (since the word "thankful" seems to be upsetting) for the benefits that Regent provides for their loyal guests. You are also a long time Regent cruiser and believe that you would remain a Regent customer even if they took away free internet (just as we have when included excursions were put into place).

In any event, in the interest of avoiding yet another argument, let's try to get onto to other things. You have voiced your opinion and I have voiced mine.

Edited by Travelcat2

They also have the automatic cut off (which, as I understand it is now 45 minutes instead of 60) so that passengers with free internet don't try to stay logged on when they are not using the internet. I would be happy if Regent went back to the way it was but are still happy to have internet.

Jackie

Your information is a little dated. Regent experimented with the 45 minute cut off, and quickly went back to 60 minutes. Enough people complained, and Regent decided to restate the longer timing.

Logging in still requires the multi-step process, but it works quickly once you know what to do.

Jackie

Your information is a little dated. Regent experimented with the 45 minute cut off, and quickly went back to 60 minutes. Enough people complained, and Regent decided to restate the longer timing.

Logging in still requires the multi-step process, but it works quickly once you know what to do.

Thanks for the update. I haven't been on a Regent ship since January -- they had the 60 minute cut off at that time. Someone posted that it changed to 45 minutes. Unfortunately, until now, I didn't know that it went back. Good to know as we'll be back on the Voyager in June. I am a bit surprised that people complained .... I thought I was one of the few people that was online for so long. The system does give you a warning before you lose the connection and you can sign back on immediately. While slightly inconvenient, things like that really don't bother me.

I too never had any problem with getting cut off on the Internet. It warns you ahead of time.

Now there are other times I have gotten cut off due to the ship losing the satellite signal, but that is a totally different issue.

TC,

I'm confused. I thought the top suites on Voyager and Mariner (i.e. Penthouse Suites and above) already were upgraded during the ships' recent dry docks. What further upgrades are they planning?

I thought so, too. On the regent website, they say that already occurred, and showed pictures on the web. Not sure what TC is talking about.

I thought so, too. On the regent website, they say that already occurred, and showed pictures on the web. Not sure what TC is talking about.

Just forget that I said anything. There will be some changes -- guess it has not been announced -- no big deal..... but, upgrades/fixes, etc. are always a good thing.

I can forget, its just that one the website, they already are showing all the improvements that have been made to premium cabins. Maybe they just have to hang the pictures :-)