Dream Cruisers- tips/not to miss

cruse2loose

Will be on the Dream her first time out of NOLA next week. What are some of the shows that are not to be missed? Best comedy shows? secret places? Any advice of where to sit during the shows. I was in balcony on Sunshine, couldn't see the performers on the floor during one show. Want to be as prepared as I can be. Thanks in advance :)

The Dream has 3 amazing production shows on the ship. They actually have a show band with live music, real props, 14 on-stage performers (or more with Dancing in the Streets) and the shows are an hour long. I have never sat in the balcony for any of these shows. We always show up quite early to get good seats. The Dream has far outside seating on the lower level (further outside than the 3 main sections) which are not at a good angle for watching the shows. Much of the stage is blocked, and it's just awkward. But overall, this theater is set up much better than Sunshine's. Try to get in the middle section, or close to the aisle in the section(s) next to the middle one. For the motown show, if you're a man sitting in the front row, center section, you may get some brief attention from the female singer during one of the numbers.

I was on a ship with the same type of shows as Sunshine, and they were okay at best. It was just something to do, nothing more. I could have easily skipped them for anything else even moderately interesting. But the Dream's shows always leave me feeling like I was actually at a legitimate entertainment production. I look forward to those, and I have to be there. There's just no comparison. It's a big part of what makes the Dream my favorite ship of all.

Dancing in the Streets is the best show, and it will be packed! 8 More Seconds is a country show, and for country fans, they totally love it. Even some people who don't like country wind up enjoying it. The motown show can be a hit or miss for some people. For those that don't know that style of music, they may not care much for the show. But some who don't know it will.

The Dream doesn't really have hidden places like Spirit class ships, but there are some things that can easily be missed by some people. The deck 5 lanai wraps around the entire ship, and it's a great place to look out over the front or back of the ship, being so close to the water. If you include that, there are 6 "secret decks" on the ship: decks 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, & 11. Another secret: those big waterslides are not just for kids. Adults can ride them too. Out on deck 5, there is a BBQ on sea days, plus they have deck chairs set up all around the lanai. No Italian restaurant for dinner, but there is the pasta bar for lunch, upstairs from the aft buffet. No Blue Iguana cantina, but there is a burrito bar for lunch, middle of the aft buffet.

Edited by k2excursion

I agree 100% with K2. Don't miss the shows on "Dream", as they are all outstanding!

Also, a must see, in my opinion, is the "BlackJack Band", playing in the Ocean Plaza. GREAT entertainers, and superior entertainment.

"Dream" is a truly wonderful cruise, with superior entertainment, food, service, and ports. ENJOY!

"SKY"

Right inside from where they set up the BBQ on deck 5 is a salad bar that beats any other on ship. They build it for you to your specifications and the variety of options are fantastic.

Running track is tough because it's not out of way of normal traffic like other ships, but good first thing in morning.

Dancing in the Streets is amazing and the fun force in atrium (last night I think) is not to be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree 100% with K2. Don't miss the shows on "Dream", as they are all outstanding!

Also, a must see, in my opinion, is the "BlackJack Band", playing in the Ocean Plaza. GREAT entertainers, and superior entertainment.

"Dream" is a truly wonderful cruise, with superior entertainment, food, service, and ports. ENJOY!

"SKY"

I had read all about how great the BlackJack band was and unfortunately. They went on vacation right before my feb cruise. Guess I will have to do the Dream again to experience them :-)

Dancing in the Streets "outstanding". Serenity Deck also outstanding, we were there every day, but had a spa balcony so it was just a few steps away. Chef's Table not to be missed. Water slides are for adults! Drink the Miami Vice.

"SKY"

The BlackJack Band is our favorite on the Dream! Lots to do and see on the Dream have a great cruise!

I had read all about how great the BlackJack band was and unfortunately. They went on vacation right before my feb cruise. Guess I will have to do the Dream again to experience them :-)

HA! Yep, they were on vacation during my last "Dream" cruise as well, but at least I knew they wouldn't be aboard. I had sailed just a few weeks before and they informed me that they were gonna be in West, By God, Virginia on vacation at that time. :D I found out how much I enjoyed them, when I sailed without them! :confused:

"SKY"

I would add the Tandoori Grill. Aft Lido starboard side. Great Indian food for lunch. Uncrowded on embarkation day. Covered seating outside. Smaller version of breakfast buffet set up each day. Again, short lines, if any.

Second the pasta bar. Burrito Bar isn't quite as good as Blue Iguana but good choices. Lines can be a tad long at lunch.

Bartenders, we've had on the Serenity deck were excellent. Nothing like a Long Island Iced Tea at sail away.

BlackJack band if present is good. So are the various Asian "Music" bands, forget their exact names, not Asian music, just good cover rock and pop 40.

I'm so mad they decided to swap the Dream for the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral.

The GF and I did the Eastern Caribbean this past February. Absolutely my favorite itinerary to date.

It was also our first "Cove" balcony and let me tell you, those are the best!!!

On embarking day on our 2 previous cruises we went straight to Guys for lunch. Where should we go on the Dream?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

For me, it would be the pasta bar. That's always my first lunch on a ship that has it. Some people like the Tandoori Grill. Both will get busier as the week goes on. I love the pasta bar, and it seems that the Dream does a better job with it than the Breeze or Magic. I should note that the Dream's pasta bar does not have the extra-cost dinner. That was something new with the Magic, which came out after the Dream.

I didn't note Black Jack Band earlier, but I definitely thoroughly enjoy them as well. I've had them on 6 of my 14 cruises, so they have gotten to know me well, and always greet me with hugs. They are some of the nicest people around. I tried to get a handle on their vacation times, so that I know the right times to book the Dream next. Their next one is from mid or late Sep through early Nov.