ON Board promotions

hulamoon

Currently we are docked in Saint Thomas on the equinox. We love this cruise so far, the service has been excellent, and we really feel taken care of. The difference between last December and now is between a good cruise and an amazing one. Except for one small detail that I just do not understand.

The new promotions for booking on board have had us picking and choosing a 2015 as our 2014 dec and 2016 are covered. We asked a few questions the first two days and dropped in on the European booking presentation. There was not much we had not already learned except we were offered a 100 Obc and free specialty restaurant if we booked within a couple of days or 72 hours. So rather than wait til the end we decided to book before this deadline. But the office tells us it couldn't have been offered and does not exist. The manager is supposed to call us tonight or in the morning but the office is very sure we didn't see it on the screen and he didn't announce it. Good grief, not sure what to think. Any ideas?

In other news we have heard the computer center is going to be revamped during dry dock. Blu has been very good and the wait staff and our room steward Jose really have been blowing our minds with the intuitive service. Thanks to guest services for helping us out with my husbands birthday so close to my fathers death. I was paralyzed days before we cruised, but they stepped up and helped me put together a good celebration.

Going to post while the internet is free. Thanks everyone, and my great cc community.

If you can, find the person that made the presentation....there are only about three people in future cruises. They may even have recorded it (likely) to replay the session on the ship TV....ask to see it "so you feel better" (and of course if they actually said it...well, then it's in print, so to speak).

I must say that an extra $100 and free dinner would be unusual....so it's a bit confusing to hear of the offer...but if they made the offer, they really should stick by it.

I thought it was unusual too. But I heard it and saw it, despite a few moments of thinking I was in the movie gaslight. Lol

I will check the TV in case it is there. A few months ago someone posted they had taken advantage of this offer and I thought it was weird. But the woman in the office told me it is an expired offer and that is why she knows I didn't hear it or see it. But she was aware they used to do it.

I also feel when an offer is made it should be honored, mistake or not. I always ran my businesses his way and it surprises me when it is not upheld. Otherwise isn't it just bait and switch?

They are not going to honor the presentation. Even though I heard him clearly say we could use the 100 on this cruise and the dinners on this cruise and it was in the presentation slides show, the manager is now saying it was inadvertently left in the slideshow from a fall promotion and he now says he never mentioned it but hurried through it.

At least the paperwork wasn't signed before I was told they wouldn't honor it. And I do agree the promotions for onboard booking are pretty good. Would have rather been told yes I said it but it was I was incorrect, rather than tell me I didn't hear what I heard though. That just feels yucky.

Will decide later if I really need to book now or can wait until next cruise.

Those were nice offers for sure. Not sure how they controlled it if someone cancelled on them.

There must be some tension with all the marketing deals and staff. The presentation began by saying some of the past issues would be going away and that is forward motion. And I was one of those caught in Galapagos issues last December. I was beginning to forget that issue though.

I suppose if I was a chef I would be hypercritical of food. I have trained Marketing staff and the spa staff so those issues do hit my buttons.

Pulling out of port now. I think I will continue to have a great cruise.