What is the most you have/would ever pay for a shore excursion??

Flip2cruise

Jumby Bay is a 5* all inclusive resort- I can see where it would cost that much. The price keeps the riff-raff away. (they also are not a family resort) bet not too many people take on that excursion.

If you check Jumby Bay- I bet their one night pachage is a whole lot more money.

I want an excursion that allows me to see the beach for a few hours.. for 450 I could probably buy a beach or two for a weekend.

Jumby bay is indeed open to families. This is on their website

CHILDREN AT JUMBY BAY

_.gifJumbie is Antiguan colloquial for a playful, mischievous spirit in Arawak, befitting this warm and friendly island. Children will adore the resort and all it has to offer.

Children of all ages are welcome at Jumby Bay. It is a wonderful place for children to explore the wildlife and natural surroundings of the island. Sunrise Beach is an especially delightful place for children. Designed with kids in mind, it offers numerous beach activities. Youngsters will also enjoy bicycling and playing on the jungle gym located near the Children's Centre.

The restaurants at Jumby Bay offer children’s menu for both lunch and dinner.

Parents may utilize babysitting services available at Jumby Bay. Rates are based on 1-2 children.

US$60 - 4 hours

US$110 - 8 hours

US$475 - week (40 hours)

An additional charge applies for babysitting after 9:00p.m.

Ouch! $450...you could visit the Bahamas on a two-day Carnival cruise for less then that much!

The most an excursion that I've ever been on has cost was $150. It was expensive (Not so much in comparison to the one you mentioned though!!), but it was totally and completely worth it. It was for swimming with the dolphins in Nassau, and I loved it. We booked through the place though, as we were cruising with NCL and they did not offer this particular excursion. They did however offer a dolphin encounter where you were sitting on a platform partially submerged in the water and you played with and watched the dolphins. It was half the price, $75. Still, the swimming was not only longer but much more interactive with the dolphins. You were actually in the water with them. You danced, hugged, played with them, and much more. They even gave you a ride through the water! It was absolutely amazing. I'm sure it could be considered a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but I"m hoping to go back again!

Anyway, I consider that excursion a very worthy one for the money. I enjoyed it very much, and I enjoyed also the fact that the money was for a good cause (it helps with various marine mammal projects)

I completely agree with you about the $450. Though I could see some people splurging. I'm not sure how many people per cruise would book that excursion, but I imagine it would be very few. I for one would not. But, I guess it all depends on the person and what they're willing to spend :)

We are willing to pay $675.00 per person for a 17 1/2hr.tour (An Introduction To Moscow) Moscow, The Kremlin, Red Square and Kremlin Amory Museum and lots of other stops w/ lunch and a Russian vodka, champagne/caviar dinner followed by Russian entertainment. You are flown in from St.Petersburg to Moscow and back to St.Petersburg to meet your ship.

We will only do this ONE time.:)

Have you guys seen the thread on the Crystal forum?

"Would you pay 9,000 for a dinner shore excursion"?

OMG!!!!

Someone also posted about an excursion on a fighter jet that cost 13K +.

That REALLY makes Carnival look cheap!! hehe LOL

Melissa :)

For $450 I would expect a manicure, pedicure, facial, and massage!!:eek:

As for the high prices for going to the Kremlin or touring a glacier, those are very unique excursions. Going to a private beach resort is not so unusual that it warrants this type of money.

the most we paid was a little over a hundred each for a bus trip and lunch in panama...we were happy with the sights, sounds, smells, and history and LOVED the trip...i can't go over that much for a one day excursion...if it cost more than that i will just plan to fly down at another time!

The most we ever paid was for our two kids to do the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel. Was a life-long dream for my daughter and was worth every penny to watch her face.

Other than that, we usually just like to explore on our own, or maybe go on the occasional snorkeling tour.

So far, I think the most we've paid for an excursion is about $100 per person to swim with the dolphins. I just don't like spending that kind of money for an excursion, but OMG the Moscow excursion sounds wonderful!

It really depends on WHERE the excursion is as to how much I'll pay. I hate to admit it, but I just paid $980 (for 3 people) for a two day excursion in St. Petersburg, Russia. It was worth every penny to me and seemed like a bargain for all we saw. However, for water-related excursions, I'd probably never pay over $100. Being born in Florida, and living here all my life, I've had unlimited opportunities to spend time in and on the water.:D This was my first (and probably only) visit to Russia.

That really sounds like a great price for what you get!

Michael

We paid $189 each for a helicopter ride over Kuaui, Hawaii in 2002. It was worth it.

Getting ready to pay $95 for a catamaran excursion in Barbados for our Oct05 cruise.

Normally we pay a lot less.

• 2 months later...

I think we paid about $200 per person for a float plane ride (actually lands on the lake and you can get out on the struts) in Alaska. It was a several hours long and well worth it. We flew over some beautiful remote islands and even saw bears and whales.

We also paid around $100 each for the jungle canopy adventure in PV last fall. It was great.

I think we're willing to pay for something we can't do at home. I know I'll definitely pay for a dolphin swim the next time I"m in an area where it's available. That said $450 for a few hours at the beach isn't going to happen.

[FONT="System"]On a Princess ship we had a shore excursion through the ship from St. Petersburg to Moscow via air w/overnight to meet ship in next port. ($1,150 ea.)

Unfortunately, a few days before we arrived in St. Pete ... there was a plane crash with the charter booked so our excursion was cancelled. Didn't go to Moscow BUT enjoyed St.Petersburg very much ....

In the [COLOR="Red"]real world [/COLOR]for us NOW .... We just love going and relaxing in the Caribbean .... Those 5 Hour Catamarans in St.Thomas and Barbados are [I]around [/I]$100 pp BUT worth it!

Sometimes a simple taxi drive to the beach in a beautiful Caribbean port has been the "Best of Times". [SIZE="4"][B]It's not how much you spend ... It's how much you enjoy it![/B][/SIZE]

Happy Sailing! OCruisers [/FONT]

I had checked out this also and posted on the Antiqua board. I had just about talked DH into until I saw the price. You can book a cruise for that amount! I would say there would not be anyone there I can relate to. I'd be anxious to see how many passengers actually book this.

Archived