Help please....

SE NC

Lol, sorry if my opinion takes you people off topic, but this is not a thread about whether or not tipping for a 1 year old should be included in auto tips or not. The OP was asking if they will be charged full fare for a 4 year old or not, the answer is yes, they will be charged the full 3rd person fare.

this is not a thread about whether or not tipping for a 1 year old should be included in auto tips or not. The OP was asking if they will be charged full fare for a 4 year old or not, the answer is yes, they will be charged the full 3rd person fare.

You've been coming to Cruise Critic for a while. You know that no thread is complete until it's taken on a tangent, down some rocky cliff, ending in a fiery crash at the bottom! :D

But seriously, I think that tipping is something valid to bring up since it may be something that the OP, as well as other first time cruisers with small kids, may have not considered. In the OP's case, their 4yo grandson will not only get charged cruise fare like an adult, but will also pay tips like an adult.

It's not specifically what the OP asked, but it's still valuable and relevant information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

You've been coming to Cruise Critic for a while. You know that no thread is complete until it's taken on a tangent, down some rocky cliff, ending in a fiery crash at the bottom! :D

But seriously, I think that tipping is something valid to bring up since it may be something that the OP, as well as other first time cruisers with small kids, may have not considered. In the OP's case, their 4yo grandson will not only get charged cruise fare like an adult, but will also pay tips like an adult.

It's not specifically what the OP asked, but it's still valuable and relevant information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes I know, every thread veers of track, I'm just trying to help get it back on track, lol tough task I know.

The first time we cruised with DD she was 18 months old. We didn't even question the 3rd person rate, but did initially balk at the idea of the auto tips.

After getting on the boat, we completely changed our minds! Ours too was the princess of the ship. The photographers loved her, the MDR staff had her milk and bun ready and waiting, the room attendant dealt with the occasional spill, freshened our room working around naps and her schedule.... on our second cruise the sea was rocky and she puked all over the bed.... we felt bad when on MSC "kids sail free" also meant no auto-tips. We fixed that!!