Clothes Pressed?

Stace894

It a basic question, but can't find a thread. I know that you can have clothes pressed for a nominal fee, or there are also ironing boards/Irons available for public use. I just don't want to have to deal with an Iron my first day on Vacation.

Has anyone used the laundry services for pressing only on Carnival? If I sent the clothes to be pressed on Embarkation day, would I have them back in time for Formal night? I would just like to have my husbands and sons pants, Husbands Jacket and my dress.

Any thoughts/opinions are appreciated.:)

Yes theres pressing, and there's do it yourself ironing.

Sending out things to be pressed cuts things close, but doable. We do it every time. Just make sure you give it to your steward as soon as you see him. There's a 100% surcharge for same day pressing.

The rates are comparable to land rates. We used to press our stuff before the cruise and then go through the garment act of trying to keep everything pressed. Now, we just throw the clothes in the suitcases and let them "fix" it for us.

Mom sent 3 dresses to be pressed only as soon as we saw our cabin steward. Simple dresses, not anything fancy. They were delivered right before dinner on 2nd night which was formal night. Cost was $32. A little pricey compared to at home but its vacation, who wants to iron? Now I steam some of my shirts in the bathroom in our cabin. Turn the water to HOT and close the door and 5 minutes later they look so much better. I bring hangers so I can steam around 3 at a time. :)

It a basic question, but can't find a thread. I know that you can have clothes pressed for a nominal fee, or there are also ironing boards/Irons available for public use. I just don't want to have to deal with an Iron my first day on Vacation.

Has anyone used the laundry services for pressing only on Carnival? If I sent the clothes to be pressed on Embarkation day, would I have them back in time for Formal night? I would just like to have my husbands and sons pants, Husbands Jacket and my dress.

Any thoughts/opinions are appreciated.:)

I use the rum and coke method of pressing clothes, If any thing you have needs pressing Have a rum and coke.

look at the item, if it is still in need of ironing have another rum and coke.

once again look at the item, and if it still in need of ironing, Well just keep repeating until item no longer needs ironing.

Tequila may be also used on a cruise to Mexico.

Mom sent 3 dresses to be pressed only as soon as we saw our cabin steward. Simple dresses, not anything fancy. They were delivered right before dinner on 2nd night which was formal night. Cost was $32. A little pricey compared to at home but its vacation, who wants to iron? Now I steam some of my shirts in the bathroom in our cabin. Turn the water to HOT and close the door and 5 minutes later they look so much better. I bring hangers so I can steam around 3 at a time. :)

I discovered this steaming method several years ago and it's works like a charm every time. I HATE ironing when I'm home, dang if I want to do it while on vacation!! :eek:

i use the rum and coke method of pressing clothes, if any thing you have needs pressing have a rum and coke.

Look at the item, if it is still in need of ironing have another rum and coke.

Once again look at the item, and if it still in need of ironing, well just keep repeating until item no longer needs ironing.

Tequila may be also used on a cruise to mexico.

***like***:d

I hate ironing at home... use the "steam" method quite often. Will prob just bite the bullet and start with the steam and then go and Iron the pants and shirts. I wake up early no matter what so I will try to get it done before I go play.

A must have downy wrinkle release!

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

That stuff works great. Just remember to do it as soon as you unpack because it makes the article of clothing wet and needs time to dry out.