12 year old & kids clubs

Hi! We are considering a cruise on Oasis next Jan. We have only done Disney cruises & I'm just wondering about the kids club for a 12 year old. Our last cruise on Disney my daughter was in the tween club & we had rules about her coming & going out of the club. (She LOVED the tween club & never wanted to leave so it really wasn't an issue ;)) But, that was on a MUCH smaller ship. And by the 4th cruise, she knew her way around pretty well. I'm very nervous about her being able to wander around a new ship of this size. We will be traveling with another family but their daughter will be 11. Hoping they can be in the same group. I've seen you can "rent" phones for the week. Do these work pretty good? Reliable? Anyone cruise with children this age? Did they enjoy the clubs? It's also not a "vacation week" so I'm hoping there will still be kids her age onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post this on the family board and you will get a lot more specific responses. Twelve is a tricky age. For the most part, one good friend and all is well. With my DS we never worried about the kids club because he loved the ships - pool, sports court, etc.

We had 2 12's, an 11, a 10 and an 8 one year. Multiple families :D. While the 12's qualified for the teen club they wanted nothing doin' and were able to join my daughter (the 11) in AO. We could not get them out. We even had to pay late night fees they were all having so much fun. They scattered like cockroaches in the light when we went to pick them up! Smaller ship, but they're usually pretty flexible.

Hitting Oasis later this month (YEAH!). No friends, 14 and 10- so probably no kids club. Thinking there will be enough to keep us all entertained!

Hope you all have a blast!