From Naples port to Pompeii by train?

Tazzycat

I can walk but I also use a wheelchair. I want to go on an all-day trip by myself to Pompeii, because the cruise excursions don't stay at Pompeii long enough. I have a map of wheelchair-accessible spots within Pompeii, so now all I have to do is get there from the Naples port. Can I get to the train station from Molo Angioinio port in Naples, take the train to Pompeii and then get to the entrance to the ruins by myself, you think? Or are they all too far apart? My disease is degenerative so it's now or never to see Pompeii. It's very important to me to see it.

The trip itself is very easy, just take the Tram from Naples Stazione Maritima to Porta Nolana train station, and then take the circumvesuviana line Sorrento-bound, and get off at Pompeii Scavi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumvesuviana

You barely have to walk to get there, since you can take the Tram just off Naples port say 300 meters, then the tram stops in front of Porta Nolana, then from Pompeii Scavi train station to Pompeii it's just 200 meters or so.

If you are confident than you can do Pompeii itself (since there is a lot of walking involved there) I would definitely go for it! :)

Best of luck

From the cruise port you have two mass transit options, the Circumvesuviana train or the SITA bus. The bus stop is closer to the cruise port (0.3 miles) than the Porta Nolana train station (1.3 miles), but I don't know about wheelchair/scooter access on the bus. If you can get yourself up three steps into the bus, it may be the easier option.

Sita bus Naples to Pompei: http://www.sitasudtrasporti.it/public/tpl/campania/5001.pdf

Edited by euro cruiser