Msc divina embarkation

DebCelebXpert

Assuming everything is on time,

Check in begins at 11:00.

Boarding around 12:00.

Cabins should be ready around 2:00.

I'm certainly no Divina fan, however, one of the few things MSC does excel at is embarkation.

People are suppose to leave by 11am at the latest (we left around 10:30). We got on board around 3pm & cabin was ready. However luggage took 3 hrs to get to us which is way too slow. I suggest not dropping it off at all if you need it sooner. I thought that drop off was mandatory which is not the case at all.

People are suppose to leave by 11am at the latest (we left around 10:30). We got on board around 3pm & cabin was ready. However luggage took 3 hrs to get to us which is way too slow. I suggest not dropping it off at all if you need it sooner. I thought that drop off was mandatory which is not the case at all.

I think one of the things that is not told to people that should be is that you can take your own luggage on. I mean I never thought of it before you said that, but why not?? I mean I always take my own off the ship so why not take our own on the ship??

dropp off IS mandotory in USA ports .

"drop off IS mandatory in USA ports"

Don't believe that it is true. I saw lots of people with luggage in the MSC check queue at Terminal F. After checking in all personal belongings get scanned by security. And then people get on the ship.

You are allowed to carry luggage on that is comparable to airport "carry on". Reason being it has to fit through the smaller scanners in security lines. The big scanners for "normal" or oversize luggage are only downstairs where the porters take them to be delivered to the ship.

Homeland Security rules require that all luggage taken onto the vessel be x-rayed.

Bret

"drop off IS mandatory in USA ports"

Don't believe that it is true. I saw lots of people with luggage in the MSC check queue at Terminal F. After checking in all personal belongings get scanned by security. And then people get on the ship.

Only carry on size luggage can be scan in check in point. I told one Italian lady that she need to drop off her luggage she said no :rolleyes:,and she had to go all way back and loose her line after all :p.

I am just writing what I saw on our embarkation day. Definitely people had luggage bigger than 20-21" airline size carryons. It's all probably boils down to security; whether they'll allow certain items or not. And since security is after the checkin so no places in line are lost.

And since security is after the checkin so no places in line are lost.

Not sure we are talking about the same terminal. Maybe you to had to check-in at an alternative terminal in Miami?

Immediately at the doors of the normal terminal, security checks to make sure you have cruise paperwork and citizenship info so they know you belong in the terminal. They then send you up the escalators where you now get in line for the baggage x-ray and metal detectors. After that, you make a left and go down the hallway to the check-in area. Bottom line is you don't get to the check-in area until you have been through all the other stuff.

I have no idea why your experience was different. It definitely should not have been.

Bret

I think one of the things that is not told to people that should be is that you can take your own luggage on. I mean I never thought of it before you said that, but why not?? I mean I always take my own off the ship so why not take our own on the ship??

You can carry your own luggage as it will fit through the security scanner.