Odd Cabin Question

I've only ever taken a Disney cruise (1) and I have a question about the cabin. On the Disney cruises, in order to have the lights and A/C on - you have to put your room key in a slot inside the door. Is it the same on RCI cruises??? I know that when we did the Disney cruise, we were able to use a random key card (like a hotel or credit card) to keep lights and/or A/C on when not in the cabin. Is it the same on RCI cruises? Specifically the Indy??

Just wondering what to expect (and whether to put an extra hotel/parking key card in my bag). Thanks!

M.

No card needed. RCI let you burn their electricity. Lucky as I have the air con blasting form the minute I get on:p

Raina

Lucky you Aussie! with me it's a constant fight with my mom if i end up sharing a room with her. You would think we were in alaska instead of the Caribbean because she likes to turn the heat up! :(

Lucky you Aussie! with me it's a constant fight with my mom if i end up sharing a room with her. You would think we were in alaska instead of the Caribbean because she likes to turn the heat up! :(

I did a trip last year with a friend not my daughter 9who is my usual room buddy). I warned her to bring her winter PJ's as the room would be cold!:p And it was!

Raina