Jeans in Hawaii

Hello Ladies, I'm starting to think about what i need to pack for Infinity Hawaii in November. Since I would have little reason to wear them on board, do you think I would need jeans for any touring in Hawaii?

Should I pack them just incase they have "Country Western Night" in the disco? DH and I changed after dinner to attend that.

Hello Ladies, I'm starting to think about what i need to pack for Infinity Hawaii in November. Since I would have little reason to wear them on board, do you think I would need jeans for any touring in Hawaii?

Should I pack them just incase they have "Country Western Night" in the disco? DH and I changed after dinner to attend that.

I am not sure about your itinerary but if you are going to the volcano you will want to wear something warm. I was there for a land vacation and had jeans on and a t shirt. I was cold when I was at elevation but comfortable when we drove down to the water. Also if you are going to walk on lava you need to have pants on since it can be sharp or if you want to go horseback riding. I am not sure about the other islands since I was just on the Big Island.

You would be able to wear them onboard the ship, coming and going to Hawaii. It really depends on the weather when you get there. Hawaii is mid-80's nearly all year round, but weather is unpredictable. I prefer sundresses in Hawaii to shorts or pants, unless you have trade winds, it can be quite hot and humid.

For myself, I always feel as if jeans are just too heavy a fabric to pack. I prefer a knit or microfiber, for Hilo (if it is cool/rainy) going to the volcano, I would probably prefer a warm-up type of pant. The same if you are going to Haleakala on Maui.

I've never been on a cruise where the pax are expected to dress up for a theme night, usually it is just the staff that does. I could be wrong, though, I'm sure many people would like to dress for a western night. Have you asked this question on your roll call for this cruise?

I'd pass on jeans unless you want to do the Country & Westen thing. I did bring along a sweatshirt for the top of the volcano, though, just threw it on with shorts.

Suzanne,

We did a circle Hawaii cruise over the holidays 2004. Since you said November, I'm guessing the weather will be similar. We were actually quite cool the first 2 1/2 days departing out of San Diego. If you're flying into Hawaii and circling on a shorter cruise, that would not apply to your situation.

However, I do agree that there are certain activities, as mentioned by Keksie, along with driving to the top of Haleakala, that might make you wish you had a nice warm pair of jeans. Maybe bring one pair. And definitely some comfortable walking shoes!

Archived