Isa65, I need your help!!!! :)

KPfromCT

Hi there!!!

We will be coming in on the Carnival Breeze, in July.

We are there from 2pm-11pm.

We are looking at the Irie Tours Beach Hopping tour.

Thoughts? Is it too late in the day for good beach time?

Also, will the shops still be open when the tour is over?

I just want to make sure we have time to hit some of the souvenier shops.

Also, we plan on getting back on the ship to freshen up, and head back out for some cocktails, while admiring the ship, all lit up at night?

Will the bars still be open?

Any you recommend, where we can sit out on the sidewalk, and chill?

Thank you, and sorry for so many questions:D:D:D

There is a LOT on your program :-)

Irie's beach tour will give you enough time at each beach before it gets dark. The souvenier shops in Riffort Village will most likely stay open until 7 or 8 p.m.

You can then go back to your cabin, freshen up, maybe have a quick dinner and hit the town again.

For cocktails, try any roadside cafe near the fort (Iguana Cafe, Scampi's at the Waterfort arches)

OR

Get your souvenier shopping immediately when you debark in the afternoon. Go on your tour. Have Irie leave you behind at the Seaquarium Beach. You can shop, swim, eat there and they have a wonderful cocktail bar called Vegas 360.

Afterwards, a $20 cab ride will take you to the all-lit up ship.

Enjoy your day here in Curacao!

Thank you for the quick response.:D

Do you think the beach hopping tour is a waste of money at that time of the day?

Here, up in New England, prime beach time is 10-2:D

Just not sure if we should even bother.......

What do you think?

Do you think the beach hopping tour is a waste of money at that time of the day?

Here, up in New England, prime beach time is 10-2:D

Just not sure if we should even bother.......

What do you think?

Which beaches will you visit and how long are you staying at each beach?

Over here you can even swim after dark if it's a "safe" beach, where there are lots of others around, such as the Seaquarium beach. People stay in the water until 9 pm :)

Let me know the details.

This is what it says:

The west side of the island is known for its nature, history and incredible beaches. The first beach we visit is Porto Marie. On our way there, we pass by the salt lake at St.Wilibrodus to see the flamingos. At Porto Marie, we stay for approximately 1 hour where you have the option to swim, snorkel or just relax on the beach. Our next stop is at Cas Abou beach, here again we stay for 1 hour to enjoy the beach. The next beach we go to is Groot Knip. Here you have the opportunity to take some beautiful pictures and enjoy the breathtaking view. Now it's time for lunch! We stop at Dokterstuin Plantation house for a delicious local dish. After lunch we go to our last stop, which is National park Shete boka. Here we stay for 45 minutes while you can walk around and enjoy the spectacular scenery. You also have the option to visit one of the 7 caves or just watch the sea splash to the rocky North coast.

Duration: 6 Hours

The price for this trip is $85 and includes:

*Beer, soft drinks & bottled water

*Entrance fee at the beaches & national park

*Lunch

*Hotel/Ship pick-up & drop-off

Thoughts?????

Thanks, Isa65

OK, that's their Western tour. I'm familiar with that one, but I didn't think they would offfer that to guests coming in at 2 pm...:confused:

This tour starts in the morning, then lunch and then some more touring and then they drop you off at the ship.

There is no way they can offer a 6-hour beach tour if it starts after 2 pm.

So no, I wouldn't consider this a realistic option for your port hours.

• 1 month later...

This is the link to Kokomo Beach. http://www.kokomo-beach.com/

I don't know the taxi rates, but assume it would be around the $30 range one way.

There is a restaurant, bar, restroom, beach chairs.

However, this is not my favorite beach for swimming. High waves and very rocky at the shore line. Blue Bay is minutes away and it's nicer.

How many guilders to one american dollar??? Thank you!!!!

Selling - $1 = ANG 1.77

Buying - $ 1 = ANG. 1.82

When paying in shops, the rate can very from ANG. 1.75 to ANG. 1.80....

Most businesses just adhere to 1.75.

Can I go to the Marriott to snorkel....walk thru the hotel to the beach? We have stayed there before. Are all the beaches public?

Theoretically the beach at the Marriott is only for hotel guests. But I know of people who just go through the lobby (as long as you look like a tourist it's safe, I suppose...:)).

If you don't get through, there is a small public beach LEFT of the property. No amenities, though.

This is what it says:

The west side of the island is known for its nature, history and incredible beaches. The first beach we visit is Porto Marie. On our way there, we pass by the salt lake at St.Wilibrodus to see the flamingos. At Porto Marie, we stay for approximately 1 hour where you have the option to swim, snorkel or just relax on the beach. Our next stop is at Cas Abou beach, here again we stay for 1 hour to enjoy the beach. The next beach we go to is Groot Knip. Here you have the opportunity to take some beautiful pictures and enjoy the breathtaking view. Now it's time for lunch! We stop at Dokterstuin Plantation house for a delicious local dish. After lunch we go to our last stop, which is National park Shete boka. Here we stay for 45 minutes while you can walk around and enjoy the spectacular scenery. You also have the option to visit one of the 7 caves or just watch the sea splash to the rocky North coast.

Duration: 6 Hours

The price for this trip is $85 and includes:

*Beer, soft drinks & bottled water

*Entrance fee at the beaches & national park

*Lunch

*Hotel/Ship pick-up & drop-off

Thoughts?????

Thanks, Isa65

Isa65.....What do you think of the beaches listed on this tour? Good for snorkeling? Would you recommend Irie Tours?

Isa65.....What do you think of the beaches listed on this tour? Good for snorkeling? Would you recommend Irie Tours?

Those are the 3 prettiest beaches on the island. Porto Marie and Cas Abao beach are excellent for snorkeling, you will have such a great time.

As for Irie - their tours are fun and popular. Sometimes they don't mail you back right away, but I can highly recommend them.