ventura

We tried both East and the White restaurant.

IMO it is no contest. The East restaurant is half the price but twice as good. Mind you we do love Indo-Chinese-Thai-sortof food which is what it does.

But even allowing for that it was terrific. I think it was obvious we liked it as well. Noises emanating from our table probably sounded like rumpy-pumpy was going on :) The White restaurant was nice, but not worth the extra cost.

On our cruise there was a special offer on the first day where they chucked a bottle of wine in as a freebie as well.

We tried both East and the White restaurant.

IMO it is no contest. The East restaurant is half the price but twice as good. Mind you we do love Indo-Chinese-Thai-sortof food which is what it does.

But even allowing for that it was terrific. I think it was obvious we liked it as well. Noises emanating from our table probably sounded like rumpy-pumpy was going on :) The White restaurant was nice, but not worth the extra cost.

On our cruise there was a special offer on the first day where they chucked a bottle of wine in as a freebie as well.

I would second that. I thought the menu in the White room was a little dated.....similar to a very nice restaurant menu from the 70's. East, and Sindhu on Azura, were much much better, and cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My views were the opposite - I preferred The White Room to East. We've eaten in both on a couple of cruises, and that was my feeling both times.

Here are the blog posts I did about the meals in East ( 2013 and 2011 ) and here are links to the posts about the meals in The White Room (2013 and 2011 )

I think I preferred East before it was 'Kochhar-ised', in fact. I remember a Curry Lunch in there on an earlier cruise which was exactly that - very tasty and excellent. Perhaps I'm not a Fine Diner....

• 2 weeks later...

You can eat in the Beach House in the evening with waiter service. We ordered Steak on the stone at £6.50 supplement per person. It was absolutely lovely. You can't book a table but if you turn up at a busy time you are given a pager.

I would suggest you try the taster meal in the Glasshouse, it costs £30 per person and is held twice on a 14 night cruise you are served an excellent 4 course meal each course accompanied by a different glass of wine chosen by wine bar manager who explains his choice to you(wine included in price). The meal is limited to about 20 people seated in tables of four and is very popular. You can also dine in the Glasshouse they do an excellent Tapas style menu in addition to stakes etc at good value prices.Have a great cruise.