Faroe Islands

We will be on the July 5 Celebrity Eclipse cruise, which stops in the Faroe Islands. Any suggestions on what to do there? I have done some research and it looks beautiful. One private company offers a boat tour to the Vestmanna Bird Cliffs, but is there any concern about sea sickness due to rough water? Any help would be appreciated.

Definitly.....yes. The sea can be rough and (when I went there) the boats were small and not really stable (but it could have changed because I visited Faroe islands twelve years ago). This excursion is very nice but if you are subject to seasick you probably won't appreciate. Maybe you could wait and see if the sea is calm enough when you'll be ashore, I don't remember if I booked in advance. You can also walk around and look at the spectacular scenery and amazing light! Faroe islands are one of my best travel memories, you'll enjoy it, even if you just walk.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Forums

Took this tour last June. It was rough at times, but we were not too bothered.(I went in and outside to get better views and sit for awhile; husband stayed outside for pictures the whole time, but held on and leaned against a rail during movement) It was worth it to us. That was what we were there to see. I'd suggest a nondrowsy meclizine=type med 1/2 hour b4 trip, if you think you'll have a problem though.

We will be on the July 5 Celebrity Eclipse cruise, which stops in the Faroe Islands. Any suggestions on what to do there? I have done some research and it looks beautiful. One private company offers a boat tour to the Vestmanna Bird Cliffs, but is there any concern about sea sickness due to rough water? Any help would be appreciated.

The Faroe's are stunning, the Bird Cliffs would not let you see the best of this amazing place, do a tour that takes you to as much as possible, small linked Islands, spectacular scenery, it is one of the more memorable places we have ever seen, like no where else ...really unique...

Hi there, we are thinking of booking with Celebrity for the Eclipse next June...is yours the 14 day? Would you share with me what your plans are for each stop?

thanks

• 2 months later...
Did you end up with a plan for the island? We are four adults on your same cruise looking for something to do.

Hi there, are you on the cruise this year? or the one in June of 2015?