Favorite item from Bon Voyage

silverpenguin

We have some friends going on a cruise in a few weeks & are thinking of ordering something for them. Alcohol is way too expensive & we don't want to do cruise cash, but we can't decide between the other options. If someone were to send you a gift, what would you want?

We have some friends going on a cruise in a few weeks & are thinking of ordering something for them. Alcohol is way too expensive & we don't want to do cruise cash, but we can't decide between the other options. If someone were to send you a gift, what would you want?

If you don't want to buy liquor or cruise cash, I'd pick this:

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/80B/bon-voyage-cabin-decorations

You could also do a gift card prior to the cruise where you could see their faces when they receive it. I bought one of these recently for a friend's birthday. They have a little Carnival cruise gift card tin that you can buy with it for a couple dollars to put it in. You could make your own gift basket or tropical tote bag to put it in with "cruisy" type things--sunscreen, sunglasses, beach towel, tropical insulated cups, koozies, etc. The gift card and tin come by FedEx within a few days.

https://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/

Edited by winddawn

Whenever we cruise with our kids we try and buy them something that's delivered to the room that serves as a surprise for them.

My husband sent me roses for my birthday. They were beautiful but someone told me I couldn't take them off the ship. Then we saw people carrying them off at debarkation and felt stupid for getting rid of them. We gave them to our waiter on the last night so he could give them to the all the ladies at his tables. They really did last the whole week cruise.

We've bought the Fresh Baked Cookies. They were really pretty good. The Oceans of Sweets didn't have common candy in it my kids were familiar with. And were a little stale...

We've gotten the coke packages from my mom. Those were awesome, but you still have to buy the cup and can't buy that in advance.

There's always the chocolate covered strawberries!! Those are always a hit.

We've gotten the Cooler Soda Package under the Gift sets tab, but got it with Diet Coke. It was pretty nice and served it's purpose. BUT, as far as functionality as a cooler? Nope. The thing leaks like a sieve. We bought it to use at the beach at Half Moon Cay, filled the thing with ice, and carried around this dripping thing all day. It comes with Carnival plastic cups and a bottle opener too.

The towel creations book is pretty cool. My kids still pull that one out, especially when making team gifts (like swim team, cheerleading, etc).

The new beach towel is really thin. We like the really thick blue ones. But the robes are pretty nice if you know they're robe people.

And finally, the Giant Candy Box is disappointing. It's not full sized stuff but sample sized. We made our own for the kids buying the $1 candy at the dollar store and hot glueing the boxes together in a box shape. I know you're not going with them, but our whole group loved these because we could personalize it to that persons favorite candy. Wrap ribbon around it, put on a cruise style tag with their name, and off you go!

These are just the things we've done through Bon Voyage. Hope this helps you some in your decision!

:-)

Shawn

If they are wine drinkers at all, I'd go with a nice bottle of wine or champagne which will cost less than a lot of the other options. The last thing I'd want is more food on a cruise ship. The cabin decorations get in the way after the first day. Other than that, the drinks and cooler option would be my choice.

I like the cooler with the bottled water set. But they will need to go to one of the bars and ask for a plastic bucket filled with ice. This bucket fits nice and snug into the cooler so there will be no leaks. (unless you turn it over)

I think the best deal is the High Seas Deluxe tote package. You get a ton of stuff with that. I personally order the Beer cooler package for every cruise now. That way I have the cooler to keep full of ice and I bring to the beach and load it with beers. I have 5 coolers now haha.

I like the cooler with the bottled water set. But they will need to go to one of the bars and ask for a plastic bucket filled with ice. This bucket fits nice and snug into the cooler so there will be no leaks. (unless you turn it over)

Good to know... I will try the ice bucket inside the cooler. Mine started leaking after 5 years...

Thanks for the replies. We still haven't made up our minds (and the computer is sticking, so I can't get into the fun shops site to look around again), but now I have a good idea of what might go over well. As far as why no cruise cash...I really don't know. Mr. Penguin knows this couple a little better than I do, and he thinks it wouldn't be a good idea for them.

I always send chocolate covered strawberries. We got the high seas deluxe package for ourselves last cruise. The towels were kind of thin and started showing extreme wear at the seams quickly. Otherwise we enjoyed it.

Whatever you send, you are a good friend!

I have done the $10 chocolate cake for fellow girlfriends cruisers with us when it was there first ever cruise its kind of nice to say Bon Voyage to them and then they brought the cake to our cabin and we all giggled and laughed and shared the cake and our smuggled booze!:D

Because I have a problem drinking the water on the ship after a few days on the ship my ankle swells and I love water.........this time im buying a 6 pack of water and there little cooler......I can carry a bottle of water off the ship when we do tours or go to the beach