5 hours in Miami w/luggage?

klmb318

I am hoping someone can help me out here. I leave in a week for a cruise out of Miami. When we disembark at the port, we will have at least 5 hours before we need to be at the Miami airport. I am trying to figure out what to do and what we might be able to do with our luggage. It will be myself and two 16 year old boys, so I really would like to find something to occupy them. Can I store luggage at or near the port? If not, is there anything close to the airport to do? (I think I can store my luggage there) All help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kathy

5 hours is tough - can you pay for luggage express and have the cruiseline transport your bags to the airport and check them in? :confused: Then you are free to explore.

Reportedly there is luggage storage at a luggage store inside of the bayside Market. You could also cab to one of the larger hotels in SB, tip them to watch your bags while you enjoy drinks/lunch/etc before cabbing to MIA.

There is luggage storage at the MIA airport (you usually cannot check your bags with the airline until 3-4 hours before your flight time); from MIA you are a 20+ minute cab ride or a cheaper but slower bus ride from South Beach. 5 hours is tough - and I doubt you have time to mess with a rental car.

You might look at day rates at hotels - Sofitel near MIA often comes up - with a pool and someplace for lunch before heading to MIA. www.between9and5.com is one source for day rooms.

I will definitely look into the post cruise excursion as well as maybe the luggage storage at Bayside. Thank you both for your suggestions Does anyone know if there are any hotels where I can get a day pass?

Does anyone know if there are any hotels where I can get a day pass?

http://www.between9and5.com is one source for day rooms. Easter week will be a high demand time for all of south FLA, so there will be limited availability -- in addition to the web I would call hotels (not the 1-800 number) located near MIA that are used to dealing with arrivals and departures at strange hours.