Royal Connect phones on Allure

Where on Allure do you get the Royal Connect Phones? Anyone with recent experience please comment on them. The only posts I can find are from 2012 with mixed reviews.:confused:

I used them in October on the Allure. We are going again in July, but I also can't find any current info on them.

We were on Allure on the 3/23/14 cruise.

Phones were available from the Card room on Deck 14, they went fast, IIRC we were in line about 1 or so and they were counting heads in the line already to try and figure out who was out of luck.

The phones were old and beat up but worked for the most part, had issues with being in deadzones when our kids were trying to call us, etc.

In retrospect we wouldn't do the phones again as they were just too inconsistent to be worth the $30.

The check-in team listened to our venting though and informed us that the phones were being replaced/upgraded soon ... no idea when soon is though :)

Thanks so very much for answers to my questions. This seems to be making RCCL money since they are turning away families in line for the phones. Seems like they would reinvest in their product and let families know in advance where the Dead Zones are up front to save on the frustration. Do you remember where some of the Dead Zones are located?

Are these available on Navigator Of The Seas?

No, only Oasis and Allure so far. You might be able to rent some older technology DECT phones. That would give you voice calls only. If they have them for rent, they would be at Guest Services.

Not when we were on the navigator. On that ship though it is a little easier to find people. I still on team "have a phone to be able to text location" as opposed to those who think we shouldn't want that. Every family's situation is different.

Sent from my Iphone 7

When I was on the Allure last month, I rented two phones - the ship had a small selection to rent. I was told the Allure was phasing out the phones as they were lost or damaged. The one crew member said that the plan was in the near future to have an APP available that could be downloaded onto your personal Iphone.