Select fare upgrades

asda

It does seem that select fare paying passengers are being offered upgrades if they wanted them. Some of the upgrades are only slight but other are a few grades higher.

Please post your upgrade news so that it helps when choosing which fare to go with.

N407. Booked months ago on Select fare (e.g. not the cheap one), originally had an A Deck Balcony, upgraded to a D deck deluxe large balcony (more space, bigger balcony, bottle of Champagne and Chocolates)

It is only our second cruise, and the first was four nights, so we cannot be in any kind of preferential passenger thing - if I was doing it commercially I would target upgrades at people who seem to have more money (i.e. have done more and regular cruises) because they're more likely to do the 'upgrade' next time.

I suspect it was partly because we booked early but mostly sheer dumb luck !

N407. Booked months ago on Select fare (e.g. not the cheap one), originally had an A Deck Balcony, upgraded to a D deck deluxe large balcony (more space, bigger balcony, bottle of Champagne and Chocolates)

It is only our second cruise, and the first was four nights, so we cannot be in any kind of preferential passenger thing - if I was doing it commercially I would target upgrades at people who seem to have more money (i.e. have done more and regular cruises) because they're more likely to do the 'upgrade' next time.

Lucky you, well done:cool: Which ship and when do you sail?

I am sailing on Friday but won't get an upgrade as we are taking our grown up daughter and need a 3 berth cabin but waiting on my cabin number for 6 weeks time:cool:

Well we Booked Oriana last July for the May 3rd sailing to the Baltic, we booked an EC Forward balcony and 2weeks ago heard we had been upgraded to an EA mid Balcony according to current prices £300 pp extra each so it does work sometimes

Edited by TOMOGP

Same thing as happened for my parents that booked a select fare. A deck now D deck superior deluxe balcony

When do they offer upgrades usually? We are going on our first cruise in September Azura a424 and have just looked at our cabin it's fully obstructed by the lifeboats, not much point in having a window! So wanted to upgrade. Is it best to ask or wait for them to offer?

When do they offer upgrades usually? We are going on our first cruise in September Azura a424 and have just looked at our cabin it's fully obstructed by the lifeboats, not much point in having a window! So wanted to upgrade. Is it best to ask or wait for them to offer?

Hi, usually p&o don't seem to offer upgrades. But at he moment passengers who have booked a SELECT fare are being offered them if there is still available cabins. p&o will contact you.

But Normally if you ask for an upgrade you pay what that cabin would have cost the time you booked.

Have you booked a select fare, early saver fare or a saver fare?

We booked the select fare.

Hi, you may be lucky then if you have booked a select fare, it all depends on what cabins are left. But at the moment they do seem to be offering upgrades to select fare paying passengers, I would keep an eye on whats not sold by doing dummy bookings on p&o website about 6 before write down all available cabin numbers in the next 2 categories and if you don't get a call and there's still lots left try phoning p&o then about 2 weeks before.

We go in June and my parents got the call on Friday offering them a 2 grade higher superior deluxe cabin which was about £300 more than the select price they had payed. But looking there's loads of higher grade cabins left.

Hi, you may be lucky then if you have booked a select fare, it all depends on what cabins are left. But at the moment they do seem to be offering upgrades to select fare paying passengers, I would keep an eye on whats not sold by doing dummy bookings on p&o website about 6 before write down all available cabin numbers in the next 2 categories and if you don't get a call and there's still lots left try phoning p&o then about 2 weeks before.

We go in June and my parents got the call on Friday offering them a 2 grade higher superior deluxe cabin which was about £300 more than the select price they had payed. But looking there's loads of higher grade cabins left.

Sorry this is not correct, if you ask they will say yes but you will have to pay the difference between what you payed and the cost of the better cabin, at the time of your booking. That's how it works.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry this is not correct, if you ask they will say yes but you will have to pay the difference between what you payed and the cost of the better cabin, at the time of your booking. That's how it works.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, I said that in my post higher up. That p&o usually revert back to price when you book but it may be worth trying at the end with being a select fare, there is no harm trying but be prepared that it may not happen.

Plus the cruise isn't till later this year so lots could happen in between , if p&o keep doing a select fare verses a saver fare with a difference of £1000 a couple passengers are going to opt for the cheaper option,