Private guide for St. Tropez or Monte Carlo?

newanne

We will be visiting St. Tropez and Monte Carlo this October. I would like to arrange a private guide for one of these places. Is one easier to do on your own. (We do not intend to rent a car) Thanks for any input.

I never have visited St. Tropez. Monte Carlo is very easy to do on your own. It's very small, and there are elevators from the harbor as well as frequent bus service. The royal sights all are within a few blocks of each other.

Edited by CintiPam

If you are planning on just staying in the cities (Monte Carlo and St Tropez) then you should be able to handle both on your own. The best way to see these cities is on foot, although in Monte Carlo you might want to use a local bus or taxi to get up the hill to the Palace. There are a few professional guides that have been recommended on these boards, but since you are in southern France a private guide does not come cheap. Expect to pay hundreds of Euros for a guide/car.

Hank

We will be visiting St. Tropez and Monte Carlo this October. I would like to arrange a private guide for one of these places. Is one easier to do on your own. (We do not intend to rent a car) Thanks for any input.

As Pam says, Monaco is very easy on your own, but St Tropez is even easier. These are my 'experiences' in both places last October.

[YOUTUBE]_NcDithaCEY[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]3yP8aGVHyFY[/YOUTUBE]

All the best, Tony

As Pam says, Monaco is very easy on your own, but St Tropez is even easier. These are my 'experiences' in both places last October.

[YOUTUBE]_NcDithaCEY[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]3yP8aGVHyFY[/YOUTUBE]

All the best, Tony

Thank you everyone for your comments, especially Tony. Loved the videos. St. Tropez looks much better than many posts on CC gave it credit for. It was referred as a "waste of a port" or that most of the day was spent on the ship by the pool. We do want to visit some areas outside of the cities. But, will one do that only at one of the ports.

Tony - I noticed you are from St. Ives, in June we are visiting the Cornwall area, and staying 2 nights in St. Ives. Any pub/restaurant recommendations?

Anne

Thank you everyone for your comments, especially Tony. Loved the videos. St. Tropez looks much better than many posts on CC gave it credit for. It was referred as a "waste of a port" or that most of the day was spent on the ship by the pool. We do want to visit some areas outside of the cities. But, will one do that only at one of the ports.

Tony - I noticed you are from St. Ives, in June we are visiting the Cornwall area, and staying 2 nights in St. Ives. Any pub/restaurant recommendations?

Anne

Hello Anne

St Tropez is perfectly nice, by no means a waste of a port. Not everywhere can be like Rome, Istanbul, Barca or Venice :) The Annonciade museum costs €6, but no photography (rightly) was allowed. It's not very big so 3 hours would do it if you/anyone wishes to spend time by the pool too.

On the St Ives question, I'm secretary of the Tourism Association so can help with that (hopefully !) Rather than clog up space here send me an email (address in my signature below).

Edited by Cornishpastyman1