2015 Brides!

Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations

Thank You! The Vista huh?! I bet that ship will be absolutely beautiful. We had some ups and downs on the Valor but with the new ship coming out we may need to check her out! I've been following John Heald's blog and he posts a lot about her. Have you sailed RC or any other cruises within the last 3-5 years that were good to try?!

Thank You! The Vista huh?! I bet that ship will be absolutely beautiful. We had some ups and downs on the Valor but with the new ship coming out we may need to check her out! I've been following John Heald's blog and he posts a lot about her. Have you sailed RC or any other cruises within the last 3-5 years that were good to try?!

No, I have only sailed Carnival the last few years. It has mainly been group cruises where I didn't make the decision or the wedding where Carnival had exactly what I wanted. Since we were married on the Sensation and she is one of the oldest and smallest in the fleet, we figured we may as well sail on the newest and largest lol. We had been looking at Norwegian for a Greek Isle cruise when the Vista European sailings popped up. Carnival was still a better price and we liked the itinerary.

Can any past brides shed some light on the order of events on your wedding day, especially fellow Norwegian brides. I'm mostly interested in what takes place exactly after the ceremony and the order of things during your reception. Does the Dj introduce your wedding party and then the Bride and groom as typically is done? Do you go straight from first dance to cake cutting?

Thanks in advance :D

There is truth in the "funk" feeling when you come back home. :( I have felt super sad about everything ending so quickly. It's like you plan for this for a year or more and then in two weeks, it's over just like that.

Luckily we have our at home reception in September so it helps I can lengthen everything out that way but still not the same.

So the question of the day is:

Where will we be cruising to next?!

Our flight coming home was delayed 6 hours so the two of us each received a flight voucher for 100.00. So now we have the excuse we HAVE to take another cruise because they expire within a year. We have done Carnival now twice so I think we are looking into Royal Carribbean. We don't even know where to start with them. Any tips on what to look for?

We booked the breeze for next year for our anniversary. I want to try the vista, but I'm not impressed with the destinations at the moment. I can't quite afford tickets to Europe and a cruise...

A little over a month out but ceremony location has been confirmed - Fantasia Lounge (the main theatre)! We are the only wedding on board that day - 66 sailing and 28 non-sailing. Cannot wait!

4 days away frome the wedding and right now I'm sitting on the phone waiting for a Delta representative to assist me. I'm hoping my dress will count as my "one personal item" and my suitcase will count as my "one baggage item" (it fits the dimension requirements. Has anyone tried this? Succeeded?

I picked up "Marilyn" (my dress) a couple of hours ago. She's heavy!!!! :eek:

Edited by MonsterS4R

4 days away frome the wedding and right now I'm sitting on the phone waiting for a Delta representative to assist me. I'm hoping my dress will count as my "one personal item" and my suitcase will count as my "one baggage item" (it fits the dimension requirements. Has anyone tried this? Succeeded?

I picked up "Marilyn" (my dress) a couple of hours ago. She's heavy!!!! :eek:

wow. So after waiting over 15 minutes for a Delta representative to pick up and assist me, I still didn't get any clear answers.

She said my dress will count as a "personal item" if it will fit in the floor space in front of my seat - that's not gonna happen.

She said the flight attendants would put it in their closet IF there was room but she didn't seem confident that there would be room since that's where they put all of their things....however she also said their "coats & things"......Atlanta to Puerto Rico in May......who's bringing coats???? Duh.

She suggested I ship it (the wedding is Monday..that's not happening).

She also suggested that I fold it and put it into my carry on....that's not happening either.

Result/Final Decision......I'm HOPEFULLY going to get through the airport with my suitcase (purse inside) and my dress in garment bag)and HOPEFULLY will have an understanding flight attendant who will graciously offer to put it in the closet. I have a "Bride" shirt, a "Bride" sash and a "Bride" pin....I think I'll wear one of those (or all LOL ) to help me out.

This is the plan....we fly Sunday morning.....wish me luck :o:o:o:o:o

wow. So after waiting over 15 minutes for a Delta representative to pick up and assist me, I still didn't get any clear answers.

She said my dress will count as a "personal item" if it will fit in the floor space in front of my seat - that's not gonna happen.

She said the flight attendants would put it in their closet IF there was room but she didn't seem confident that there would be room since that's where they put all of their things....however she also said their "coats & things"......Atlanta to Puerto Rico in May......who's bringing coats???? Duh.

She suggested I ship it (the wedding is Monday..that's not happening).

She also suggested that I fold it and put it into my carry on....that's not happening either.

Result/Final Decision......I'm HOPEFULLY going to get through the airport with my suitcase (purse inside) and my dress in garment bag)and HOPEFULLY will have an understanding flight attendant who will graciously offer to put it in the closet. I have a "Bride" shirt, a "Bride" sash and a "Bride" pin....I think I'll wear one of those (or all LOL ) to help me out.

This is the plan....we fly Sunday morning.....wish me luck :o:o:o:o:o

I checked all of my suitcases except the one my husband carried on that had his suit, our shoes and accessories in it. I had my dress as my carryon in a dress bag that folded like a garment bag so it fit carry on dimensions.

We are 12 days away from our wedding onboard the Carnival Breeze. We are getting married at the Bohio Hotel on the beach in Grand Turk. I picked up my dress last Friday and I am beyond excited. We have a total of 32 guests sailing with us.

I wish time would go by faster :)

I am getting married on the Sensation in 12 days. We are also getting married in the Fantasia lounge and the reception in the nightclub. We also have 66 guest sailing and 8 non sailing guest. Hopefully all goes well.

I am getting married on the Sensation in 12 days. We are also getting married in the Fantasia lounge and the reception in the nightclub. We also have 66 guest sailing and 8 non sailing guest. Hopefully all goes well.

I was married on the Sensation in January. They were wonderful!

Did anyone that got married on embarkation day keep their dresses on all day? I'm getting married on Halloween and wonder if I should just keep it on all night as my "costume" too.

My initial plan was to wear it all night... by out late dining dinner time I had had it and switched into a tee shirt and jeans lol

I haven't been back in awhile! I hope all of you guys are doing well!

As for the dress on the plane my only piece of advice:

Carry the darn thing and look exhausted. LOL I carried it on (and through the airport...bleh....) and when I got on the plane the flight attendant said, "ahh let me take that for you and I'll put it in the closet, and why didn't you board with the people that needed extra time silly!"

I'm guessing she meant because it was heavy, so take full advantage of getting on the plane early to make sure that dress gets on safely.

Hello all,

I am new to this thread and I loved reading all of the information about all the weddings and struggles with planning, etc.

My fiance and I are getting married in Cozumel on July 21, we will be on the Carnival Triumph for our cruise! We are using Cozumel Wedding Planner for the beach wedding and reception at Mr. Sanchos, they are FABULOUS. Lluvia and her staff are AMAZING! We finalize all of the wedding and reception plans tomorrow, it's so exciting!! We have 52 guest sailing with us!!!

We are working on our welcome bags, but I am having trouble finding a wedding welcome letter template. I want it to include cruise information, other guest traveling rooms, and wedding itinerary. Does anyone have a template they could send me?? The whole welcome bag is stressing me out, does anyone have any ideas for what to put in them? So far we have ordered koozies, mini maracas (to go with Mexico theme), and we are doing sunscreen, ibuprofen, lip balm, Dramamine. Any other ideas??

Happy Sailing and Happy Weddings Everyone!!

Well... 41 days left until our big day! We sent in the final guest list last week and called our wedding planner to make sure she had everything she needed (and hoping to find out our venues....) then she told us that she has to wait for another party's list....we are one of 3....yes 3... weddings that day😕....I just hope it all works out for us. I know no matter what. ..it will be an excellent time! 😊