CAS Last Minute Bookings

We often book fairly last minute through CAS (a few weeks in advance maybe). Your qualification level won't change at last minute. For example, if you qualify for only a discount, that's all you get, no matter what pricing is. If you qualify for an inside comp, you get an inside comp, no matter what the current price is. Occasionally, CAS may upgrade your comp level for a particularly low selling sailing, but they usually notify you for this. Their prices will be based generally on whatever pricing is available in general. So if you're looking at the discount, you get the discount off current pricing (or pretty close to it). If you're looking at a comp, you get wherever comp you qualify for, whatever the current price. If you're looking to upgrade a comp, they can price it using current pricing to upgrade, just ask.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

Thanks for your quick reply! We usually book well in advance and always thru CAS but we may have a week in Mid-July to take advantage of a last minute cruise. I'm just concerned that because it is in the middle of the summer that there may not be cabins available. But we'll give it a try! Thanks again!

Thanks for your quick reply! We usually book well in advance and always thru CAS but we may have a week in Mid-July to take advantage of a last minute cruise. I'm just concerned that because it is in the middle of the summer that there may not be cabins available. But we'll give it a try! Thanks again!

If you're looking to book now for Mid-July, I wouldn't exactly call that a last minute booking. But it is true that available inventory will normally go down as you get closer to the cruise date. However, that could work in your favor..you might get into a better cabin that they want to fill!

Just a guess, but based on past bookings, I would say their rates go up and down tied to how the ship is booking. If the ship has lots of cabins, the pricing for CAS gets better. If the ship is getting full, CAS has less to work with.

Also depends on ship and length of cruise. I sailed on the BA in March. I called CAS and I booked the Pearl for a 3 day cruise my comp cabin was for a balcony cabin I upgraded to an SF Penthouse Suite total for 2 of us is $1,200. As for a 7 night cruise on the BA for next April 2015 I'm comped an oceanview cabin which I will upgrade but I have decided to wait on it and see how this short cruise will enhance my cruise price also because my DH is coming with me on the Pearl and he did not on the last BA cruise.