Room Service

Tandy22

I have sailed on many lines, but one thing that I have never paid for is room service. Only mid priced line I can think of that we haven't sailed on is NCL.

I think there has been some confusion lately about cruise lines charging for room service. I have gone back and read some of the threads recently that claimed they were charged, only to go back later to find they have stated that they realized that the charge they saw labeled as room service was actually from a mini bar inside the cabin or soft drinks delivered by room service that are always charged for. Although these charges are sometimes listed on the final bill as 'room service' charges, they are not for food delivered but for drinks.

All it takes to start a rumor like this is one review or one comment on a message board that someone makes confusing the actual charge for room service with the charge for drinks that are billed as 'room service charges' to get many questioning IF there is actually a charge for room service, which on Princess there is not (except for sodas or other drinks not included in your cruise fare).

Archived