motion sickness?

Paula B

We learned about Bonine when our daughter was a pre-teen. We took the ferry to Victoria, and she (and her dad) got sick. In Victoria we found a pharmacy and bought Bonine on their recommendation. Both took it and the trip back was enjoyed by every one. They both keep it handy when cruising to this day (dad is 74).

I have already checked with their doctor and the pharmacy and they said it is safe. My granddaughter has taken it before but, I was just wondering as a rule if children usually experience motion sickness like adults on cruises. We usually take it the first few days and then stop taken it our self.

I don't know if this applies to cruise ships, which are very stable, but years ago we went on a whale watching voyage on a small boat. The seas were very rough and almost all of the adults were sick. The children were running around and laughing at the grown ups as they up chucked over the side of the boats the kids definitely fared better, including my own.

I have already checked with their doctor and the pharmacy and they said it is safe. My granddaughter has taken it before but, I was just wondering as a rule if children usually experience motion sickness like adults on cruises. We usually take it the first few days and then stop taken it our self.

I think, like adults, it just depends. My son was prone to motion sickness on the ship but my daughter was rarely bothered by it.

I think you can ask their parents and see if they've had any problems before and then ask their parents to ask the pediatrician for suggestions just in case.

I've always had problems from when I was a kid and even now with traveling in cars (and buses and trains) if I try to read. I just can't without feeling sick. On the other hand, my daughter can read in moving vehicles and she hasn't been gotten motion sickness on any of her cruises either.

Hi all,

I am an offshore yachtsman and, although I do not tend to suffer, I carry these on my yacht for anyone who feels ill. However, it is important to note that they only work if you are NOT TAKING motion sickness medication.

http://www.sail-world.com/UK/Product...E-award/116360

The above link is to a UK site, we live in the UK, and is included so that you can see what they look like, but they are available on Amazon and from yacht chandlers in the USA.

They are a French invention and work on the principle of creating an artificial horizon for both roll and pitch.

Yup they look a bit silly, but they have good success reports, and will make a good conversation subject for the kids as all the others will ,no doubt, be curious.