GS on Jewel

I was doing research for our next cruise, and am considering Jewel. I noticed that there is one aft GS, 1600. I was wondering if this room or balcony was bigger than the mid-ship GS's. Also, I was wondering if there is any noise in the GS rooms. It looks like they are all located under WJ or pool deck, and we have experienced a little noise on Grandeur.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I can´t rate it according to actual squarefootage, but IMO 1600 is the worst GS on the ship due to some strange cabin layout. While it might be not smaller, it has the most unusable space.

There is like an entrance hall which might seem nice in the first place, but it just takes space from the rest of the room. There is less closet space and the bar counter is missing as well.

We've been in 1600 on Serenade (sister ship) and did not care for it. It was dark and we did hear noise from the Windjammer early in the morning.

I just got off Jewel and was in GS 1050. I thought it was a great location. Two doors down from the Concierge lounge and we heard no noise above us.

We've been in 1600 on Serenade (sister ship) and did not care for it. It was dark and we did hear noise from the Windjammer early in the morning.

I just got off Jewel and was in GS 1050. I thought it was a great location. Two doors down from the Concierge lounge and we heard no noise above us.

Thanks. Was looking at one of the Alaska cruises on Jewel, and most of the GS are open. Just need to see when my son gets done with school in order to book...I will look for 1050 :)

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app