Just off the legend 4/6-4/13

Island Crazed

JUST OFF THE LEGEND 1st comment AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE FROM START TO FINISH. Details to follow soon. First who we are- 4 of us cruised. DH and I cruised the Freedom. Family of 6 cruised Disney Magic twice. This time 2 daughters 16 & 14 cruised with us. We stayed in 7146. Loved the balcony (1st balcony). Drive from Atl. Stayed in Country Inns & Suites in Brandon. Great hotel. Drive over Sun morning we a breeze. Coast Guard inspection slowed boarding. We had FTTF we boarded after noon. Room was ready but luggage didn't show until 1:20!!! Requested by note an ice bucket and to have the drink cooler emptied -both done before setting sail. Lunch was typical and uncrowded.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

By the pools? No. But we slept late both sea days and went to brunch first. Didn't really try. Got loungers on deck 10 which we like for the breeze ( WIND!!) above the buffet area. Easy hop down for ice or snacks. Saw some chair hogs lots of stuff and no bodies in them.

Okay. Some observations.

1- I thought the Legend was a very beautiful ship. I was sad looking around thinking I might not see her again.

2 - FTTF was overall worth the $49 for us. We got to dump 4 people's stuff upon boarding in the first group. We got the first tender in Grand Cayman. We got off today in the 1st checked luggage group.

3 - Food was HIT and MISS. Loved favs like Crème brûlée and spaghetti carbonara, Bitter and Blanc BUT the Châteaubriand and the "Fillet" were horrible - worst two pieces if beef ever! Breakfast was boring. Didn't eat lunch except the first day. It was good.

4 - LOVED our First ever balcony. Very worth it. AND while worried about 4 of us in a cabin (don't usually get one bedroom for kids and DH and I on vacation) it was absolutely fine. Plenty if storage space!!

5 - Really enjoyed the shows - except not Hasbro. We are theatre people. Our close extended family includes about 10 degrees in music, theatre, or dance. That said- I've always been "the audience". I enjoyed or even loved every show. The 8 main performers were all good young performers. I'd say they are on par with a really good university program. If they were much better they'd be in New York or a national tour. And while on this topic I'll add that we lived attending Assistant Cruise Director Mike's very fun Musical Trivia programs in the evenings. If you were there - I'm the one sent to the corner one night for singing a title. - BUT IT DIDN'T DO IT!! He just thought I did.