Pre-purchase of Accademia Tickets

Martin and Lindsey

We are booked on a tour with Rome in Limo of Florence and Pisa.

We want to pre-book tickets for the Accademia Museum and have been trying to do this on-line.

The tickets should be 6.50 Euros + 4.00 Euros booking fee each = 10.50 Euros each.

We don't seem to be able to buy the tickets without also paying for an exhibition which runs from 18th February to 18th May called 'Getting reacquainted with Michelangelo .....' which costs 11 Euros + 4.00 Euros booking fee. We will be there in July, but even putting in the dates in July the ticket prices are quoted including this exhibition.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, did you find a way around it?

(I hope that this makes sense and you understand our problem! :confused:)

We want to pre-book tickets for the Accademia Museum and have been trying to do this on-line.

The tickets should be 6.50 Euros + 4.00 Euros booking fee each = 10.50 Euros each.

We don't seem to be able to buy the tickets without also paying for an exhibition which runs from 18th February to 18th May called 'Getting reacquainted with Michelangelo .....' which costs 11 Euros + 4.00 Euros booking fee. We will be there in July, but even putting in the dates in July the ticket prices are quoted including this exhibition.

As I recall from two years ago, paying for the exhibition is required in order to see David.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I am on a group booking through Rome In Limo LivornoTour on 12th June (NCL Epic) and on our booking confirmation it was recommended that tickets for Accademia be booked by telephone - the number is 01139 05529 4883. You may have more luck in avoiding a charge for an exhibition which is finished by the time you arrive. If you have not booked through the same company it might be worth going back to your tour operator and get their help. Good Luck.

Suron

Edited by suron
missing information

You're right, that doesn't make a bit of sense. Either it's a glitch in the booking engine, or there is another exhibit at that time not currently shown on the event calendar. I echo another poster's advice, call.

I booked tickets via the website last week (for June 8th) and only paid the 10.50/ticket. As mentioned previously there must be an event or a glitch in the on-line booking system.

I booked tickets via the website last week (for June 8th) and only paid the 10.50/ticket. As mentioned previously there must be an event or a glitch in the on-line booking system.

Please do share. I just looked for August via b-ticket.com, the official site, and it is 15 EUR per ticket including the booking fee.

The same issue is coming up for Uffizi and not all time slots are being shown, just in 30 min increments instead of 15 min.

After unsuccessful four calls:

2 which were answered prior to 9:30 AM in Florence, was hung up on due to a bad connection from my VOIP app

2 which were told to "call back later" by the automated system after ~10-12 minutes wait

I found this link which might help some who are wondering if their visit in 2014 coincides with special exhibit prices:

http://www.unannoadarte.it/eng/index.html

Non-Exhibit dates this summer 2014:

• Accademia: May 19 - June 23
  • Uffizi: May 12 - June 16

If your visit does overlap with special exhibit dates, it makes sense to book online via b-ticket.com if your desired times are available and bypass waiting on the phone.

Spuds visit falls into the non-exhibit time range. Doesn't look like a bug, just insufficient information available on the first two websites I found.

Edited by travelpeon

Since you are booked with Rome In Limo, I would ask Jany for advice. She is the person who made your booking. She has been extremely helpful for our past two trips and our upcoming July trip. If anyone can help you navigate the system it will be her!

Have fun!