Should I contact group events?

SpringBreakMom

Our roll call is doing an informal get together on embarkation day. If everyone who has replied shows up we will have close to 60 people :eek:

While we expect nothing from NCL, should I contact them just as a courtesy as we may be a large group?

Thanks!

Yes!

While under no obligation to do anything, in the past NCL has been great about helping plan Meet-n-Greets.

With 60 people, it's hard to just "show up" somewhere and not disturb other passengers.

Most Roll Call groups contact Group Events for their sailing. The NCL Team can set up a meeting location for you, and may even provide light drinks and snacks, along with providing members of the crew to welcome your group aboard.

Don't hesitate to let the Group Events folks help make your meeting a success!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes!

While under no obligation to do anything, in the past NCL has been great about helping plan Meet-n-Greets.

With 60 people, it's hard to just "show up" somewhere and not disturb other passengers.

Most Roll Call groups contact Group Events for their sailing. The NCL Team can set up a meeting location for you, and may even provide light drinks and snacks, along with providing members of the crew to welcome your group aboard.

OP wasn't asking about arranging M&G but an "informal get together" like many groups do at sailaway at one of the outdoor bars - for that there is no benefit of contacting NCL in advance (IMO), the bars are staffed anyway and most passengers will be there so it will be crowded, arranged group there or not.

Edited by Demonyte

Yes!

OP already has a Meet and Greet, probably on the first sea day. OP, I think, is talking about during sailaway, people just getting together before the official Meet and Greet.

However, I don't have an answer!

Harriet

Yes!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are great about the Meet & Greets :) Unfortunately, they are usually the first sea day. As for us that would be day 5, we wanted a chance to get together prior to that.

From what I have gathered, intentions and reality for the sail away are mixed.

Folks get tied up with dinner, drinks, unpacking, dealing with stuff.. and, well.....

I agree with Gary on this, we were in our first suite and although we had every intention of going to the sail away party, we just got involved with others things and the Mardi Gras beads just stayed in the bag.

The other thing is too, the ship is already in party mode so a few more pax who want to celebrate sail away is just more positive vibes........... Party ON :D

Edited by B6ConMe

I agree with Gary on this, we were in our first suite and although we had every intention of going to the sail away party, we just got involved with others things and the Mardi Gras beads just stayed in the bag.

This often happens and is to be expected. I always suggest a first day informal sailaway meet-up.

and expecting people to be excited with new ship, finding their way around, getting something to eat, exploring the ship and taking pictures. Which is why it's informal. This is also why it's better to have a Meet & Greet on Day 2 instead of Day 1.

Have fun with who ever remembers to show up. :D

Edited by kylenyc

This often happens and is to be expected. I always suggest a first day informal sailaway meet-up.

and expecting people to be excited with new ship, finding their way around, getting something to eat, exploring the ship and taking pictures. Which is why it's informal. This is also why it's better to have a Meet & Greet on Day 2 instead of Day 1.

Have fun with who ever remembers to show up. :D

So true :D