Price drop.. what happens???

bbryan5

Ok so I apologize now if this is a dumb question. I'm still new to the world of cruising, so please take it easy on me! LOL. So the May 4th cruise I booked on the Breakaway to Bermuda has dropped in price. I booked with NCL directly, not a travel agent. So what happens in this case? Do I get any type of reimbursement? On board credit? Or am I just screwed? LOL. I appreciate any info!

Ok so I apologize now if this is a dumb question. I'm still new to the world of cruising, so please take it easy on me! LOL. So the May 4th cruise I booked on the Breakaway to Bermuda has dropped in price. I booked with NCL directly, not a travel agent. So what happens in this case? Do I get any type of reimbursement? On board credit? Or am I just screwed? LOL. I appreciate any info!

As you are past final payment NCL does not have to do anything. However, I'd call them and ask. At their discretion they *may* give you a small OBC. But call with the expectation of hearing, "We're sorry but you're past final payment and there is nothing we can do.".

Let us know what they say.

Harriet

It's not a dumb question from one newbie to another, those don't exist, however there are lots of threads regarding this.

1. How much of a price drop is it? Significant or minimal, say $40-50?

2. Do you have any perks with your current booking?

3. What kind of rapport do you have with your PCC? or do you even have one?

4. What would you like if NCL agreed to a reimbursement understanding that after final payment they are under no obligation to give you any?

Just some questions to think about. And understand that if you don't get anything it could be b/c there are add'l perks available.

Hope this helps,

cheers,

Edited by B6ConMe

Thank you for posting this! It reminded me to check to see if there was any change in price for my upcoming cruise! Even though I had paid in full, the PIF date hasn't come yet, and I was able to get refunded $360. My perks and original reservation date was unaffected.

I hope you have the same luck!

Thank you for posting this! It reminded me to check to see if there was any change in price for my upcoming cruise! Even though I had paid in full, the PIF date hasn't come yet, and I was able to get refunded $360. My perks and original reservation date was unaffected.

I hope you have the same luck!

Wow, isn't that great, congrats :D We experienced the some kind of thing in Dec. 2013, our last cruise on the Pearl. It's amazing what can happen when you're vigilant.

The last statement is important b/c sometimes an upgrade/upsell can mean losing perks and/or Latitude Points ... glad that didn't happen in your case.

Enjoy your cruise,

Cheers,

Shortly after we made final payment on our Breakaway cruise, the prices for our Balcony category dropped drastically. We were aware NCL didn't have to offer anything, but we did contact them and we were upgraded to a mini-suite on a higher deck. At least it was something.

Have heard of other passengers receiving OBC. Can't hurt to call and check it out. Good luck!

I just recently experienced this. Price dropped significantly only 5 days after booking. Booked after final payment period was due. Called and they gave me a token small OBC. I have had much better luck with other cruise lines. They were actually kind of rude about it. I would call, but don't expect much from NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sailing on the getaway in a week, I have 2 balcony cabins, the price dropped $50/pp (200 total for us), called yesterday and got $50 total obc, they first looked for an upgrade, but since I have adjoining cabins and want it that way (there are none left at this time), they offered me $25 per cabin. I thought it was great, as I know they don't have to do anything. I figure it will pay for the soda package for me and my 3 kids or it will pay for 2 Illusionarium tickets. Call and see what happens ;)

This happened to us last year, the price went down a couple hundred dollars and there was nothing they "could do". Yeah right. It was awful.