Where to Stay in Miami?

Hello! I just booked the VOS for 1/7/06. We are flying down to FL a day before (because you never know with New England weather). Does anyone have any recommedations on where to stay in Miami that is fairly reasonable price wise that also has a shuttle to the port? Thanks!!

I strongly suggest using Priceline. Bid downtown and THREE stars. I've had the Miami downtown Hyatt for $55 per night. Hyatt was an excellent upscale property near the people mover for transport to Bayside Market Place. The room was very large, 19th floor with a balcony overlooking the city and the Bay. I've also had the Doubletree and Renasaince on Biscayne Blvd for $40 and $45. No shuttle but taxi was only 8 or 10 dollars. I've never been disappointed using Priceline and THREE stars.

Hello! I just booked the VOS for 1/7/06. We are flying down to FL a day before (because you never know with New England weather). Does anyone have any recommedations on where to stay in Miami that is fairly reasonable price wise that also has a shuttle to the port? Thanks!!

I don't know about you. But if I'm going all the way to Florida in the middle of our winter in the midwest, I want to feel some sand between my toes if I get the chance. We are going to stay right on South Beach when we go in the day before our cruise this winter. We booked through Travelocity and got a room directly across from the beach for $89 that has a free continental breakfast and an open air porch overlooking the ocean to eat it on. There are several different options at that rate. Or there was about a month ago. It is a $28 flat fee for a taxi from the airport to any hotel in that vicinity and approx. $15 for a taxi to the Port of Miami from the hotel. So it's a little more than staying close to the airport with a free shuttle to your hotel. But it's worth it if you can afford a little extra to get to walk on the beach, eat outdoors and stroll through all the fancy shops in South Beach. It's like an extra port of call.

Here are a couple of options.

I personally would go on Priceline.

Four Points by Sheraton

4343 Collins Avenue

Miami Beach, Florida

The Palms South Beach

3025 Collins Avenue

Miami Beach, FL

Waldorf Towers Hotel South Beach

860 Ocean Drive

Miami Beach, FL

Best Western Beach Resort

4333 Collins Avenue

Miami Beach, Fl

Fountainebleau Resort

4441 Collins Avenue

Miami Beach, Fl

Loews Miami Beach Hotel

1601 Collins Avenue

Miami Beach, FL

We like the Intercontinental next to Bayside Marketplace (Downtown). Bid 4* on Priceline, its the only 4* in downtown.

It tends to be pricey, but we've alway enjoyed it for our pre and post cruise stays.

Stretch

Try the Holiday Inn Bayside. We stayed there in April 2005 and it is directly across from the Bayside Market Place and only a 7 to 10 minute taxi ride to the cruise terminal in Miami. It fills up fast and is a really nice hotel. The only downside is the Sunday morning breakfast is expensive.

I have never stayed in Miami at a hotel before but this year we are thinking about staying at the Fountainbleu (two days prior to our cruise). it would be a nice change from flying out the same day as our cruise :)

I read that Fountainbleu is 15 minutes away from the ship terminals and 30 minutes away from the airport in Miami.

I have never stayed in Miami at a hotel before but this year we are thinking about staying at the Fountainbleu (two days prior to our cruise). it would be a nice change from flying out the same day as our cruise :)

I read that Fountainbleu is 15 minutes away from the ship terminals and 30 minutes away from the airport in Miami.

You will love the hotel. :D

Its so beautiful and the beach is literally steps away. They just re-did the pool area and did a great job, too.

Two Cruisers. In Jan 03 when we were in Miami to board Navigator, the temp the night before sailing, the Miami temp was 37 degrees. Froze to death. Jan 04 wasn't much better.

Thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to take some warm clothes too. We like the beach so much that we'll enjoy being near it even if it's too cold to take our shoes off. We were just going to walk on the beach in the morning anyway since we'll be getting in late that night and boarding the ship the next day. But you can walk on the beach in warm clothes too. So if that ends up being the case, it will still be a much nicer walk than we could get anywhere in the midwest. But I'll be sure to bring a warm jacket. Maybe we'll luck out though and we'll get one of the nicer winter days on South Beach. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hello...I know everyone is listing their favorite hotels in Miami, and you should have no problem with whatever choice you make.

If I may mention my opinion into the mix. We have stayed in Miami on 12 different occasions, and this December will be our 13th before we cruise. We have always stayed at either the Marriott Biscayne Bay, which as another person mentioned earlier is a great hotel with great views of the port. We have also stayed at the Hyatt downown which isn't far from the Bayside Market Place. We will be at the Hyatt again this December. We have never had a problem there. The service and rooms were excellent and it's close as I mentioned to Bayside, Hard Rock Cafe, etc.

Good luck on whatever location you choose.

Regards,

Dave

Archived