Can I upgrade a guarantee room?

I just received my room number for my inside guarantee. Am I able to get a paid upgrade from the "M" category to maybe the larger inside room?

If you are in North America, you can also ask to move to any available stateroom in the exact category you have been assigned.

We do this with our booked cruises quite often. We typically book what category we feel offers the best value and watch for upgrade possibilities. In late February we booked an inside Z gty at a decent price, $429US ,for our Serenade TA that leaves next week. This was done onboard a X ship to get the Next Cruise OBC. We then arranged our flights and just over a week after booking with were assigned a deck 3 inside. About a month ago I saw and booked an upgrade for $140 each to a forward deck 7 extra balcony E1 cabin .

If I had booked an E1 initially it would have been over a $1000 total more than what we got the Z gty for so we're quite pleased with this upgrade since it's a 16 night cruise thus our balcony is costing us only $17.50 extra per night.

Our friend even upgraded their inside they got with the same guarantee to a cat. G OV when a special came up that offered this at the same price as what they had paid for their inside gty. Then they were able to apply a higher value C&A certificate so their actual total cost went down $110.

We did the same for our Ruby Princess cruise we did in February that was just before or B2B with our X Century cruise. Started in an obstructed OV, upgraded to a balcony when we got an offer for that category and then four days prior we upgraded again to a large suite that was sure sweet. :)

The cost to upgrade to the suite from the Obstructed OV was only $170 each extra for this five night western caribbean itinerary.

Edited by robtulipe