Suggestions with a 19 month old

RG0414

We're cruising 5/9 on the Wonder. Our 4 year old daughter is fine with us or in the clubs/ activities. My son will be 19 months and runs non-stop. Any suggestions at all? We were thinking of putting him in Flounders reef during dinner a few nights and possibly about 8pm (when he goes to sleep) so we could do a few things with our daughter. Any help would be great.

Just got our paperwork today. We are excited.

• 2 weeks later...

I will also be traveling with young kids (18 months and 3 years) and am interested in tips to make our travel easier. Are any of the shore excursions appropriate for an 18-month-old? (We're doing the 4 night cruise -- Nassau and Castaway Cay) How is the fountain area near the pools on the ship? I heard that kids can't swim in the pools in swim diapers.

Keep in mind that space in Flounder's Nursery is very limited. I just read a report from someone on the 7-night and she was only able to get 3-4 timeslots in there the entire week. On the Wonder cruises you're likely to get even less, since there are fewer days. You may be stuck with your toddler on night or times you were hoping to get away for a few hours, so be prepared for that possibility.

Personally I'd never cruise with a child too young or too timid to enjoy the kids' clubs. There's too much you don't get to do if you're busy being mom or dad all day/night long.

Sue

DVC Member '97

Archived