I have not sailed without a balcony since _______!

Always had inside cabins, and never thought twice about it because of the savings. Then on Legend we got an upgrade to the "Ghetto Balcony", Liberty and Dream Balcony, and now Aft Balcony.....I'm afraid I'm hooked.

Balcony every time for us. I love to watch the water, also enjoy drinks and friends. We have been lucky and had partions opened between balconies and it is great. Last June we had 6 rooms in a row, made for a very long open space. :)

We've never cruised without a balcony. Our first cruise was an anniversary gift from my husband's boss and he got us a Suite. We like having VIP status and getting on ahead of everyone else. I like the balcony for watching sunrises, eating my breakfast after I walk in the morning, watching the ship sail into and leave port and just a quiet place to go to get away from everyone else. I am a vehement nonsmoker and have never been bothered by smoke on the balcony. The more of you willing to sail interior means a better selection of suites and balconies for me!

July, 2011

In my defense, it was on DCL Dream and we wanted to check out the 'magical' porthole on the inside cabins. Would you believe there were OV categories that were less $? fyi, very nice but I'd take the OV next time if price was equal.

Our 1st aft wrap was on CCL:D talk about getting spoiled!!! If they are unavailable we go for a direct aft. Could only upgrade to an 8A for upcoming trip. Checked res a week or so ago and very surprised to find ourselves now assigned to a HC balcony...not sure if that's a good thing or not. Guess we'll find out soon. Edited by keishashadow

[quote name='firemanbobswife']How about I haven't sailed WITH a balcony since I discovered[B] my favorite OV rooms with 2 windows. The rooms are ginormous and so convenient. [/B]I can't see paying extra for a balcony. Especially on Carnival where smoking is still allowed and they don't have sliding glass doors. The balcony door slamming gets old real quick for me. No more.

So I haven't sailed with a balcony the past 3, getting ready to make it 4, cruises next month.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PhoenixDawgCruising']Now I'm curious, [B]what is a "Ghetto Balcony"???[/B]:eek::D[/QUOTE]

yes, spill the beans people on these two rooms of what appears to be opposite ends of the spectrum:cool:

Thirteen out of fourteen Cruises have had a Balcony. Like previous cruisers, cannot cruise without one!! LOVE having Coffee on my Balcony-absolutely one of my Favorite things to do on a Cruise on a Sea Day. :)

[quote name='DDFla']Always had inside cabins, and never thought twice about it because of the savings. Then on Legend we got an upgrade to the "Ghetto Balcony", Liberty and Dream Balcony, and now Aft Balcony.....I'm afraid I'm hooked.[/QUOTE]

Lol!! I have no idea which balcony would be classified as a "ghetto balcony," but it is still amusing. I hope you come back and tell us what it is. :)

We've been on three cruises, and I just booked the fourth today. First two were Premium balconies which we loved. Third was a regular balcony, well sort of. It was one of the ones in the very back of the ship. This one we have less $ to spend so going with an inside with french doors. I couldn't handle a room without a window at all, so this seems like a good compromise. We appreciated our balcony, but really didn't actually spend that much time on it in the end. We'l see how it goes this time.

[quote name='Tapi']We had our first balcony 14 years ago. Since then, we've gone up to a suite, all the way down to an inside, back up to a balcony, and so forth. Last 2 cruises were on balconies, and the next 2 cruises will be on ocean view staterooms.

IMHO, I can live without a balcony. They are a nice perk, but not a must. I can definitely go back to an oceanview (in fact, that's what I consider ideal). What I can't do under ANY circumstances is an inside stateroom. Terrible! :o[/QUOTE]

Agreed! While I liked having a balcony, it's not a requirement for us. Having a window to the outside world - yup, have to have it!

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

We are hooked as well. 3 cruises, 3 balconies. I wouldn't consider anything else. Honestly, if it meant saving longer for a cruise I would do it. I have to have my quiet place without the crowds to watch the ocean go by.

Never had anything but a balcony. Got a fantastic rate on our 1st cruise 10 years ago and have been spoiled ever since--never really considered anything else. We've been cruising with 2 kids and it makes the room feel not so crowded. We don't spend a lot of time in the room, but it does make a difference. I just booked our 2015 cruise and priced a balcony+inside (an inside for the kids since they are now both 6 feet tall and their feet hang over the ends of the pull down beds) and found that 2 adjoining balconies were only $500 more for an 8 night cruise. Worth the money.

Just upgraded to my first balcony, this will be our 6th cruise. All others were interior rooms as we sdont spend much time in room other than to sleep and get ready for the day or evening. We shall see if the balcony makes a difference. Only reason doing balcony is we received a complimentary free cruise, only paying for port and taxes and now the balcony upgrade which was cheap.