Need help deciding: Carnival Cruise vs Disney World with children

I know this is the carnival cruise line board but I wanted to ask anyway. Our 10th anniversary is early next year. We are debating whether we would like to go to Disney World in early December to see the Christmas lights for the first time. We have been to Disney before but only in January.

Or we are thinking about taking a 7 night cruise in February. It would possibly be the same itinerary we took on our honeymoon. Our 2 children will be traveling with us so I'm having a hard time deciding.

Also, we will be going on a cruise this September with his family so it would either be 2 cruises within 5 months or Disney 3 months after the cruise. I am so indecisive! I know we will never be able to go this close together again. Help me choose!

See how the children react to the first cruise and if they absolutely love it, perhaps a second cruise.

We skipped our annual vacation cruise one year and opted for Universal Studios. At the end of that week, we were exhausted! Long lines, the heat, we decided as a family we'll stick to cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ahh, this is a question I wonder about with my own family as well. My kids are older, ages 8-14, and we all love cruising and Disney World. What it boils down to is the type of experience you want to have. When we go to Disney, I have an itinerary and a game plan so we can navigate the crowds. I believe Disney will have lots of folks there at that time of year. You will have to have a plan! A cruise should be somewhat more relaxed, and if you can get the kids to visit the kids' club, you may be able to squeeze in some adult time. I will be anxious to hear others' opinions on this as well. What a fun decision to make!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Disney. Great ages for the Disney experience plus early December will not be mobbed yet like it gets later in the month. Park admission is crazy though! Over $100 per personjust to get in the door got one day! Our kids are 12 and 10 now a prefer to cruise, lucky us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Disney world for sure, we went on our first cruise last August our kids were 16 and 17, up until then our vacations were Disney World up until the kids were about 7 and 8 then all inclusive resorts, On our cruise I actually thought as much as we enjoyed it I am also glad we went on many trips to Disney WOrld for our kids and us, I will say that Disney is not a relaxing vacation, you are on the go all the time, I call a cruise and an all inclusive resort a mommy vacation, I can relax more, Have fun

We went to disney world in November 2 weeks before thanksgiving. It was perfect!!! Weather was nice and crowds were low. The longest wait time was 15 minutes for a ride. Christmas decorations were out and we attended the Christmas party at magic kingdom. It was awesome!!! I highly recommend disney world at that time of year.

The Osborne Family Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios are amazing. Disney World at Christmas is a really wonderful experience. There is the Candlelight Processional and Holidays Around the World at Epcot. Magic Kingdom has a Christmas Parade and Holiday Fireworks. Also, the resorts are beautifully decorated.

Do both! Find a shorter cruise that leaves out of Port Canaveral. Fly into Orlando, take the Carnival transfer to the cruise ship. Then, after the cruise when you go back to the airport, take the Disney Magical Express to your Disney hotel. That's what I have done in the past.

Go Disney! There is a reason they let you bring booze onboard, its because of the little monsters. Can't you leave them with a grandparent or put them in a kennel or something? Being the parent of THREE I wish you a mediocre time! Hahahaha!

Go Disney! There is a reason they let you bring booze onboard, its because of the little monsters. Can't you leave them with a grandparent or put them in a kennel or something? Being the parent of THREE I wish you a mediocre time! Hahahaha!

the choices were carnival cruise or Disney LAND vacation. Disney cruise was not one of the choices