Review - Freedom of the Seas March 30 - April 6, 2014 - TONS OF PICS!

Motleu

I have a few more picture sets left then onto all the compasses. That will take a little time to get through. I also have various other items to scan in. Hopefully I can get to much of that this weekend! Thanks for following along!

Interesting, can you actually buy these drugs there? DW has back spasms periodically and flexeril is what she normally takes. It could be tempting unless they require a prescription.

No prescriptions, which is the main reason it's grown into an industry catering to cruisers.

this is a great post. i have a autistic kid and was able to show him alot of the ship. For me loved looking at it . I am a food junkie. I am thinking already of what my be on our menu and what i may want. you are so nice to share . this was a great tour for me to pre see the ship i will be on in oct. hope to see my fellow people soon

amanda

No prescriptions, which is the main reason it's grown into an industry catering to cruisers.

I know its common to buy RX pills in mexico because you don't need a RX and its cheaper but is it legal to bring the rx pills on the ship?

Interesting, can you actually buy these drugs there? DW has back spasms periodically and flexeril is what she normally takes. It could be tempting unless they require a prescription.

There is a drugstore right at the port. Here is a pic from my Radiance cruise in 2011

232323232%7Ffp%3A%3A8%3Enu%3D324%3B%3E5%3A3%3E64%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D347%3B3%3A8337325nu0mrj

This store is still there. I saw it but obviously already had pics. My brother in law was with us and he is a physician. We went into one of these places and he laughed at everything you could get that he would normally have to write a script for. Zpacs, amoxicillin, retin-A and the list goes on. Keep in mind that you don't really know if the meds contained are actually labeled correctly or whether any oversight was used during production. As for getting them on board I would guess you would carry them on in your pockets or purse. Never heard of any problems in getting these on board.

this is a great post. i have a autistic kid and was able to show him alot of the ship. For me loved looking at it . I am a food junkie. I am thinking already of what my be on our menu and what i may want. you are so nice to share . this was a great tour for me to pre see the ship i will be on in oct. hope to see my fellow people soon

amanda

I am so glad this was a helpful review. Thanks for reading along! I know I am always excited reading previews of ships I am going on. You will have a blast and I hope your son has a wonderful time as well!

There is a drugstore right at the port. Here is a pic from my Radiance cruise in 2011

232323232%7Ffp%3A%3A8%3Enu%3D324%3B%3E5%3A3%3E64%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D347%3B3%3A8337325nu0mrj

This store is still there. I saw it but obviously already had pics. My brother in law was with us and he is a physician. We went into one of these places and he laughed at everything you could get that he would normally have to write a script for. Zpacs, amoxicillin, retin-A and the list goes on. Keep in mind that you don't really know if the meds contained are actually labeled correctly or whether any oversight was used during production. As for getting them on board I would guess you would carry them on in your pockets or purse. Never heard of any problems in getting these on board.

We have bought amoxicillin and cipro in Cozumel for over 12 years and just brought it back aboard and no questions. No problems and we showed it to our pharmacist and it is all labeled the same. Like I said we have done this for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your DW (still don't know what the "D" means) sent me the link for your review this week. Just finished going through all the threads. I love the way you did this review. The pictures made me fill like I was there with you. I was really hoping to see some pic of the vacuum cleaner the Cabin Stewarts use to clean the rooms. Are they still using the Henri models? Love those. I tried to take one home on the Serenade, but got stopped by the DJ. Love seeing those pictures of the Disney Dream. Next time try the Mouse. How was the production shows on the freedom? Our last RCCL cruise was on the Brilliance and it was the same show we saw on the Song of Norway in 1992. Thanks for sharing.

Tim

Your DW (still don't know what the "D" means) sent me the link for your review this week. Just finished going through all the threads. I love the way you did this review. The pictures made me fill like I was there with you. I was really hoping to see some pic of the vacuum cleaner the Cabin Stewarts use to clean the rooms. Are they still using the Henri models? Love those. I tried to take one home on the Serenade, but got stopped by the DJ. Love seeing those pictures of the Disney Dream. Next time try the Mouse. How was the production shows on the freedom? Our last RCCL cruise was on the Brilliance and it was the same show we saw on the Song of Norway in 1992. Thanks for sharing.

Tim

Hi Tim! How are you guys? And yes Henri is still the vacuum but alas no pics! "D" by the way stands for darling! I love picture reviews myself and agree it brings me there onto the ship. We missed most of the shows this time around but I caught the magic show (amazing - although by sister in law who was on the Freedom last August said it was the exact same show including the cheesy parts!) and the comedy act (so-so). I thought you were on the Serenade but it was the Brilliance and a couple of years ago if I am not mistaken. A Disney cruise would be nice but they aint cheap! Good hearing from you!

love your review.....have been on freedom many times but never tire of seeing pics and reading others thoughts....thought your photos were great...what kind of camera did you use

Thank you for the compliments! A Canon ELPH point and shoot! Simple as can be. I am jealous of the folks who have the fancy cameras here so I strive to one day upgrade my system!