Alaska dog sled excursion question

PattyPsch

My husband and I will be going on an Alaskan cruise this July and are looking at the summer dog sled excursion in Skagway. My husband has a bad back so I am wondering if any part of the excursion might cause him pain (jurky movements of the 4x4 or the dog sledding parts)? There isn't any warning message on the excursion information but I would like to hear from people who have done it to get the inside scoop.

Thanks

Patty

Hi Patty, my family and I did the Princess sled dog excursion in July 2012. I don't recall any problems with major jerking motion or anything that would aggravate a sore back on the 4X4 ride up the mountain, or on the sled itself. The sled ride was very smooth because it was on a flattened dirt road course. On the 4X4 I would recommend that your husband sit in a middle seat to avoid swaying to the side a bit around the turns (this is what we did with my then 8 year-old daughter). It was by far our favorite excursion of the cruise! You will never forget it! :)

My husband and I will be going on an Alaskan cruise this July and are looking at the summer dog sled excursion in Skagway. My husband has a bad back so I am wondering if any part of the excursion might cause him pain (jurky movements of the 4x4 or the dog sledding parts)? There isn't any warning message on the excursion information but I would like to hear from people who have done it to get the inside scoop.

Thanks

Patty

Hi Patty,

Ditto to everything rocklinmom said. My boyfriend and I did the same excursion last year in September, and it was fantastic. You get to meet the dogs at the end and play with puppies, too! Enjoy!