Jewel OTS Vow renewal

Hi! I am going on the Jewel May 31 We booked the Royal Devotions package and have a scheduled vow renewal on Jun 3 in the Crown Viking Lounge.....I was disappointed that they cannot do it outside but they assured me it would be beautiful and that we would have time to take pics out on deck (we have an hour of photographer)....has anyone done this before ? Just curious how it went! I am so excited! :)

First of all, congratulations!

I hope I can help provide a little comfort for you as far as the details are concerned. We did not renew our vows but (a stretch!) we just came off Serenade (sister ship to Jewel) and saw/heard a wedding onboard. We were in the Diamond Lounge at the time and the ceremony was performed in the Viking Crown Lounge (adjacent to the Diamond Lounge). Because the walls don't go all the way up to the ceiling, we did hear the music, the ceremony, the people involved, etc.

So yes it was performed in the Viking Crown and I actually think it was a good idea. Consider the various factors at play, were it to take place elsewhere and outside: wind, weather - heat or cold - crowds looking on, hard to hear, lack of intimacy... just all of these things come into play. The VCL is fully off limits to everyone who is not involved in your party. No outsiders will be staring at you, etc. and the intimate and joyous nature of the vow renewal is preserved.

The photographer took many pictures of the couple and the wedding party, and then they moved about the ship. We saw them posing for pictures later in the Centrum, and I have no doubt that they may have even gone outside for pictures on the bow. If this is what you want, I don't see why the photographer would not accommodate you.

So rest assured you will have a glorious day, and Jewel is absolutely beautiful. There is a glass staircase on Jewel between Decks 4 and 5 (I think) which would be lovely for pictures.

Have a great time!