Chefs on Azamara

midwestchick

I'm just curious. Most times I read great things about the food on ACC...occasionally I read that some are not happy with the food, although I can't imagine that. I do realize food is a very subjective matter and we all may have different opinions.

I did find out that Chef Fabio will not be on our sailings :(....instead, it will be Chef Frederic. I'm sure he's probably wonderful. Have any of you been on ACC sailings when he was the head chef?

Memories take me back to a wonderful galley tour with Chef Fabio and how good the food was on our entire cruise.

Although each cruise is a wonderful, new experience, I was so happy to learn Captain Johannes will be our captain.:D

Edited by midwestchick

I've been several times with Frederic, the food has always been wonderful. I would not worry too much that it's not Fabio or you'll start to imagine differences - I suggest use the blind tasting approach ;)

While I was aboard in February, Frederic was Head Chef for the 3 February sailing and Fabio was Head Chef for the 17 February sailing [the one that was cut short by two days as a result of mechanical difficulties]...

Given that menus understandably repeat on consecutive sailings, that the ship was provisioned in fairly comparable ports [singapore and Hong Kong], and that there tends to be significant continuity among cooks from sailing to sailing, I can honestly say that I didn't detect an ounce of difference in the food produced under one chef's galley leadership versus the other's and I found neither to be more interactive/personable/guest-focused [not that those are edible!] than the other... Both did a very admirable job...

I suspect that the varying assessments that you read of Azamara's food on this Board is more a matter of personal tastes--and perhaps provisioning source given Azamara's global nature--than it is a matter of a Head Chef's galley leadership and personal touches/flairs with menus that are essentially determined in Miami [though I do not discount the very significant role they play in managing a monstrous operation and fostering excellence with crew in a function with such high guest visibility]...

I doubt you'll be disappointed in your culinary experience and, as uktog did, also suggest you avoid comparison based upon hindsight [it's seldom that precise!]... Enjoy your trip!