Oasis 3 has started Construction for Mid-2016

It's not something I want to use, but is very popular. What would be the advantage of removing this feature? :confused:

By the way, as far as revenue generation space and a nice restaurant worth paying for...well this is what a boardwalk restaurant makes me think of. not a sports bar or cigar bar, two things incongruous with a boardwalk. There is a sports bar, the On Air club, it's just hopelessly small on Oasis and Allure.

gTUjteFRGQv6oY-640m.jpg

It was a novelty 5 years ago. When I went on the Allure on the 3 occasions, I hadn't seen many people use it. That's not to say nobody goes on it. I have to ask what the advantages of keeping this feature if it is (and I can't prove its usage) not being used as often as it should?

It was a novelty 5 years ago. When I went on the Allure on the 3 occasions, I hadn't seen many people use it. That's not to say nobody goes on it. I have to ask what the advantages of keeping this feature if it is (and I can't prove its usage) not being used as often as it should?

There's no reason to not keep the zip line... think about it, it takes up very little space that could be used for something else. It's a novelty draw for 1st time cruisers. I'd be really surprised if they ditched it.

Also, if you look at the photos the shipyard website posted:

m9ojIC7.jpgzn1ZIVR.jpg

It appears that Adventure Ocean has been moved, possibly closer to the boardwalk which seems to be aimed more towards children than the other neighborhoods. In the render, the solarium extends down to deck 14 above the bridge where Adventure Ocean and the observation deck used to be. What do you guys think?

I think the boardwalk should have like Carnival Games like a real boardwalk has... Keep Johnny rockets and the Mexican restaurant. Add another carnival ride... I think the appeal over there would be huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

THIS!

And they really need a popcorn stand on the Boardwalk, at least some of the times I would even pay for the popcorn if they had specialty types. But Oasis has the abandon sales kiosk by the carousel that always makes me think of a popcorn stand, and then I get sad that it isn't one :(.

There's no reason to not keep the zip line... think about it, it takes up very little space that could be used for something else. It's a novelty draw for 1st time cruisers. I'd be really surprised if they ditched it.

The reason not to keep it is the unnecessary drain on resources, albeit not a huge amount. It was a USP and when the Oasis first came out, it was a WOW factor, but I don't believe people book to go on the Oasis class ship nowadays to go on the Zip line on the ship. I think what would be great is some form of bungee jump platform. Now that would be cool. (And yes, I am kidding).

Don't get me wrong, keep the zip line on the existing 2 Oasis class ships (but if someone from RCCL is reading this... Bungee Platform from Deck 15. :D ), but not put it on the third one. Put something new that gives the punters the WOW factor.

I think the boardwalk should have like Carnival Games like a real boardwalk has... Keep Johnny rockets and the Mexican restaurant. Add another carnival ride... I think the appeal over there would be huge.

I wonder how viable it would be to have a vertical drop attraction on the Oasis?

I'd like to see more of the ships! :)

seriously, can they start working on oasis 4 and 5 as well? Compared to oasis/allure, most of the other ships pale in comparison. Based on what I know about Quantum from reading the stuff on rccl I think I would still prefer the oasis class ships over it even.

smarm aside though... the solarium is my favorite place on the ship so it would be nice if it were expanded. Any expansion though would need to keep it absolutely a no kid zone.

From an article about "Oasis 3"

Fain and Goldstein were characteristically coy about revealing other details, which will be drip-fed in a series of headline-grabbing announcements over the next couple of years. Fain said: “We have a few things up our sleeve but we will keep them close to our vest. There is an opportunity to tweak some things, but we are not fundamentally changing a successful design.”

More from article from Sept 2013:

The ship will be a near-identical sister to Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. Keel-laying will take place in April next year and the 227,700 GRT vessel will be delivered in spring 2016.

More:

Royal Caribbean has an option to order a fourth Oasis-class vessel in the next 12 months. It is also building three slightly smaller Quantum-class ships at the Meyer-Werft yard in Papenburg, Germany.