Gold Lattitude question

bagpiper1

I will be sailing on Breakaway May 4. I have 75 sea days on NCL which is one day away from Platinum . Can I become Platinum while onboard after I sail one day with NCL? It is maddening that I am one day away from benefits of Platinum!

Nope, as Demonyte said not til after. We were turning Platinum during our cruise a couple of weeks ago. Only Gold perks. However when we got back my tier did auto change right away. Now contemplating what cruise I want for my first Platinum sail! Oh the decisions! :D :p

Like the others have stated before me, the Latitude points will not be added to your account until the cruise is completed.

But if you were doing two cruises B-2-B the situation would be different. My husband and I had B-2-B cruises on the Sun in January of 2013, and for various reasons we decided to book it as two separate cruises, so that we would get some promotional Latitude OBC and some other perks on both cruises and also because we were Latitude Gold members when we started the first cruise and Platinum when we started the second cruise. And from day one of the second cruise we were "approved" as Platinum members by the cruise consultant on board. The perks and OBC that we received both from booking it as two separate cruises (we stayed in the same cabin for both) plus the perks that comes with a Latitude Platinum status outweighed the few dollars we would have saved by booking the two cruises as one (we had the option, I believe we would have saved around $100 in total by doing that).

Edited by TrumpyNOR