Silver Whisper....am Most Concerned

DrJW

Yes, I have not done the research to see how comparable dollar for dollar a mass market line is to SS... I would have to find a similiar internary, ect... and I guess it is not that important for me to know.... to much work!!

To Meow's point, I do think this is an opportunity for SS to increase its client base. Many of the lines have instituted a no discount policy. When I returned from our cruise this April, I again began to search for anotherr cruise.. Now for a suite, the price difference was staggering.... My first thought was why would I want to pay this price, when I can sail a line more to my liking with a minimal price increase. I am sure there are other that are thinking along these lines as well.

I do like buffets. I like trying different items, and eating my picks on the open deck!!... Yet I hardly went to the buffet on our last cruise, for the very reason the previous poster stated. We ate breakfast in our suite most mornings, and lunch in port. I missed this part of the cruise experience.

You are going to have to wait a while for me to give my impressions, but you bet I will give you my thoughts!

Janet

Well, my Cunard experience goes back to 1999, that was QE2 from Southampton to New York We did the big job, suite (Queen ANN) and concorde flight. Was very disappointed in food and service. And that was

in the Queen's grill. Learned all about ordering that day from word of mouth. Could have anyting you wanted. Beluga cavaiar to whatever. Felt like an idiot to have to ask. On Silversea almost everyting is there and if I ask, no questions.

One more thing that is different on SS. You will rarely have to stand in line, even if the ship is full. Last time we were on Whisper (and it was full), the only time we stood in line was for the pool barbecue, and that must have been for all of five minutes.

Archived