Camp Carnival on port days

MaiTaiMary

We're going to take a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise. We will have two days in Cabo. On the second day, my DH and I were thinking it would be nice to go into town just the two of us. Will we be able to leave our kids (7, 9, and 10 years old) in Camp Carnival for 4-5 hours?

We're going to take a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise. We will have two days in Cabo. On the second day, my DH and I were thinking it would be nice to go into town just the two of us. Will we be able to leave our kids (7, 9, and 10 years old) in Camp Carnival for 4-5 hours?

I have never been to that port before but I know that camp carnival is always open at other ports.

This is such a touchy topic. So many people are against it.....only because God forbid you miss the ship or something goes terribly wrong. Not judging....having a romantic mini get a way with your hubby is well deserved....but you have to be aware of everything that may happen.

Have a WONDERFUL cruise.:)

I have never been to that port before but I know that camp carnival is always open at other ports.

Still trying to figure out the whole "Camp Carnival" thing. :confused: So they close twice during the day, but on port days they don't?

Still trying to figure out the whole "Camp Carnival" thing. :confused: So they close twice during the day, but on port days they don't?

They do close twice a non-port day just so you can take your children to eat lunch and dinner and give the cruise personnel time to eat as well. As for the port days, they are open and will watch your children. Many activities for them.

I have used them during port days while DH and I did an excursion and it was perfectly fine and we had a blast and so did they. The personnel will also take your children to eat during port days as well.

I swore I wouldn't leave them onboard last year when I was planning our first cruise with the kids. And guess what? I did just that and they were fine. We didn't go on an excursion. Just out shopping. If I did do an excursion, I would probably book with the ship to make absolutely sure we got back on time. They will keep them busy and fed.

Edited by cruizinisthebest