Anthem Oct 2015 transatlantic redeployed

Just got notified that the 10/31/15 transatlantic 14 day on the Anthem is no more. According to RCCL it is now a 10/27 sailing (8 day to Bayonne). Needless to say I am a lot annoyed since I had a fantastic rate on the 10/31 sailing. They said they will protect the rate but a great rate for a 14 day is not so great for an 8 day. Also going into Bayonne instead of Port Ev means plane fare. Never experienced this before and I think the compensation is a joke. They also said they will not pay for flight change fees. Good thing I did not get my flights.

Just got notified that the 10/31/15 transatlantic 14 day on the Anthem is no more. According to RCCL it is now a 10/27 sailing (8 day to Bayonne). Needless to say I am a lot annoyed since I had a fantastic rate on the 10/31 sailing. They said they will protect the rate but a great rate for a 14 day is not so great for an 8 day. Also going into Bayonne instead of Port Ev means plane fare. Never experienced this before and I think the compensation is a joke. They also said they will not pay for flight change fees. Good thing I did not get my flights.

They will not pay flight fees because the will not be available for another 6 months...

They won't pay flight change fees because airfare is not available until 330 days before a cruise...which would be November 2014...or in another six months. So there are no flight change fees to pay.

And when they shorten a cruise they typically "protect" it on a daily rate basis. So if you paid $1400 for that 14 night cruise, they would protect you at $800 for that 8 night cruise.

They won't pay flight change fees because airfare is not available until 330 days before a cruise...which would be November 2014...or in another six months. So there are no flight change fees to pay.

And when they shorten a cruise they typically "protect" it on a daily rate basis. So if you paid $1400 for that 14 night cruise, they would protect you at $800 for that 8 night cruise.

Thanks for that. I've been keenly awaiting to see what the new price will be.

Raina

I just checked RCCL website which still shows the 14-night crossing. We are booked on it and so far, it is still sailing from Southhampton. Where did you get that information?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Very interesting, they have also cancelled the 4 day cruise before the original ta. My parents have booked on the ta and have b2b cruises planned on Indy after, wonder if rccl will pay their flights from Bayonne to fort Everglades as they were all booked together.... Could be interesting..

Not good rccl releasing cruises and then cancelling them!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very interesting, they have also cancelled the 4 day cruise before the original ta. My parents have booked on the ta and have b2b cruises planned on Indy after, wonder if rccl will pay their flights from Bayonne to fort Everglades as they were all booked together.... Could be interesting..

Not good rccl releasing cruises and then cancelling them!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stuff happens and to complain about changes more than a year and a half before they are to happen seems a bit unrealistic. So many things can happen in that span of time which could necessitate changes with far less warning. If it is really a problem for them they can always cancel without penalties (if they are booking in the US) and I suspect that the line might be able to make special arrangements if they are locked into reservations made in the UK.