Have OBC, new lower price ...

jayjay416

Can I have your opinion, please.

I have an OBC of $150.00 due to do a sale last month, today my fare on Fare Viewer is showing a price drop of $140.00.

I tried to Submit it, but it wouldn't go through, but now I'm wondering if I should keep trying. Will I lose the OBC I now have? I'm booked Early Saver.

Thanks for your help.

Can I have your opinion, please.

I have an OBC of $150.00 due to do a sale last month, today my fare on Fare Viewer is showing a price drop of $140.00.

I tried to Submit it, but it wouldn't go through, but now I'm wondering if I should keep trying. Will I lose the OBC I now have? I'm booked Early Saver.

Thanks for your help.

Good Morning,

You will loose the OBC if you do a price change, I tried this and it turned out that loosing the OBC was not worth my price drop. Also be careful if you have one of the rates that lets you have payment 30 days out as by changing the rate you may change your due date and it may be due eariler (the one I was looking at changed my final due date from 6/5 to 4/21 and I wasnt prepared to do that!)

Just make sure you look at everything!

Happy Cruising!!

Tam

I think because you have early saver that you would be able to and get more shipboard credit. I had 2 price drops one time and filled it out to get more on board credit. I would call right away to MAKE SURE and then fill out the form. If all the rooms get booked in your category before you do it, you won't be able to do anything about it unless you take a picture of the screen with the new rate being lower. I was thankful I had a picture once because by the time Carnival looked at the form I sent it, all the rooms were gone but I had the picture to send them.

OP: here is an example, if your cruise is $400pp and you have $150 OBC due to the booking, then fareviewer shows $330pp but no obc, then you would actually be losing $10 because you have to give up the $150.

Now if your cruise is $400pp and you have $150 OBC and fareviewer shows $320pp then you would want to apply since you would be gaining $10 even when you give up the OBC.

You do not get to keep the OBC

I don't get/want the lower price because I can only use one promotion at a time.

I would have to forfeit my $150.00 OBC ($50 deposit sale) to get $140.00 lower price (Sail from Galveston sale). And pay $500.00 more deposit at this time.

It will only be beneficial to me when there is a sale that offers more than a $150.00 price drop. I'll just keep on checking it out.

There's something about having OBC that just makes me happy.

Thank you all for your help.

Since our cruise is paid in full for the 17th of May and I had booked early saver ... I got a OBC last week of $130 and last night of $110 (I think) anyway now I have an OBC of $235.62 so I am happy :) maybe I will get some more...I have my tips already paid in advance and I have paid for 2 shore excursions...

We have OBC due to shore excursion guarantee. Would we still lose that if we did price drop?

No you won't. The only time you lose an OBC is if it is a benefit of a certain pricing promotion you booked under, and the lower price doesn't come with the same OBC.

If you got it as a result of an excursion promo or because you've caught previous price drops, you don't lose them. They accumulate. And that's a good thing!:)

Edited by cruizinisthebest

No you won't. The only time you lose an OBC is if it is a benefit of a certain pricing promotion you booked under, and the lower price doesn't come with the same OBC.

If you got it as a result of an excursion promo or because you've caught previous price drops, you don't lose them. They accumulate. And that's a good thing!:)

Thanks! That explains it a little better re: different types of OBC. Didn't realize there was a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums