Getaway review 4/12 - 4/19/14

SissasMomE

Yes - I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy, so I had to go gluten free :-( Anyway, it was really, really easy on this cruise. They called me in the cabin right away and asked me to come down to the dining room to pick my dinner for the night. After that, I just picked my meals the night before. Everything was great, especially the homemade GF bread! It honestly was the best I ever had. It usually tastes like cardboard, but this didn't at all.

There were some days when we were really rocking that I'd be afraid myself to be in that pool! I can see how someone can easily hit their head accidentally.

I'm so glad. I knew you wouldn't have anything to worry about. I love NCL for making gf almost effortless. :)

For dessert they have crime brûlée and chocolate fondue. You can order several apps and desserts, which I usually do.

What do you call an over-cooked Bananas Foster? Or is this the new term for arson? :p;)

Is there a place where I could find all the menus for the Getaway?

thanks!!!

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/onboard/specialty-dining#tab_detail

You can click on sample menus for the specialty restaurants. They don't show menus for the free ones, but you can find those here and there around these forums and other sites.

Edited by jmcookiemonster25

SissasMomE, I noticed on your thread before you left there were requests for dailies from Splash Academy. Any chance you posted them somewhere that I missed? (Have a 3 and 6 yr old). Hoping to see some current ones as the ones I've seen are from February. Thank you for all the great information on the Getaway as well as myriads of other topics!!

SissasMomE, I noticed on your thread before you left there were requests for dailies from Splash Academy. Any chance you posted them somewhere that I missed? (Have a 3 and 6 yr old). Hoping to see some current ones as the ones I've seen are from February. Thank you for all the great information on the Getaway as well as myriads of other topics!!

No, I didn't get them or post them.

LrgPizza - I forgot to tell you, I asked about the black beard thing, and the kids stay on the ship. It's a themed day for them in the kids club itself.

No, I didn't get them or post them.

LrgPizza - I forgot to tell you, I asked about the black beard thing, and the kids stay on the ship. It's a themed day for them in the kids club itself.

Thank you! Nice to have that confirmed.