Frozen Experiences

RCCL Fan

so I posted recently about my daughter being a "Little Mermaid" freak and us leaving RCL to try a Disney cruise for her...

well literally in the past month, Frozen has taken over Little Mermaid.

We're still ship shopping. Some tell me Ana & Elsa are on board some ships some times recently.

I wonder what your experiences have been, as I now am looking for those characters too!

As far as I can tell, they are not consistently on the ships at this point. They have made some appearances on various vessels. The movie is on all the ships at this point...in several versions (sing along, 3D, regular).

At this stage, you can't predict which cruises will feature Frozen characters.

While each little girl wants to see her favorite character, most are happy that they have been able to meet lots of "princesses." I know...you have to have the RIGHT one.

Edited by moki'smommy

so I posted recently about my daughter being a "Little Mermaid" freak and us leaving RCL to try a Disney cruise for her...

well literally in the past month, Frozen has taken over Little Mermaid.

We're still ship shopping. Some tell me Ana & Elsa are on board some ships some times recently.

I wonder what your experiences have been, as I now am looking for those characters too!

If your daughter doesn't meet Ana or Elsa I'm sure she will be disappointed and upset and you nor the cruise line can guarantee that any of the characters will be aboard (the big five excepted) and even then they sometimes cannot all be onstage at the same time due to sickness ;) ).

If you are still shopping for a cruise, and have not booked yet, unless you are going to pay top rate for a cruise in the next couple of months, no information from previous cruises is valid. The Frozen characters may disappear, re-appear, and disappear again over and over again and which ships they appear on will be a mystery to all off us that are not in DCL HQ.

If you will book a cruise with DCL to take it in next couple of months, I suggest playing under the sea, part of your world, Kiss the girl etc. more and no Frozen songs and try to encourage her back into the little mermaid.

You stand a much better chance of her getting to seeing her idol than chancing it with a Frozen character at this point in time.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

I heard they are no longer on the ships (it was a limited time thing). But there probably is a good shot they will reappear, but who knows if/when/whete. So don't book your cruise around that.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Edited by DahliaRW

Given the overwhelming success of Frozen, I would think there is a really good chance that the princess with join the regular line up of princesses eventually, but this is just speculation on my part, and who knows when that might happen. I would not base my cruise decision on this though. Disney Cruises are GREAT, and not just for the characters onboard, there is sooo much more to love.

I understand, I was just looking for some input as I narrow my decision, and try to make an informed choice.

I hope the opinions expressed on here (CC) do help you to decide to cruise with DCL no matter what is the current trend in characters and both yourself and your family have an amazing trip :)

ex techie

Anna and Elsa are a hot commodity, right now! The Meet & Greet wait at Magic Kingdom has exceeded three hours several times during the past week. Anna and Elsa dresses are being snatched up the second they're brought to the floor. Disney Store Times Square actually had to remove all Elsa dresses from the floor because parents were physically fighting each other for them!

I would say that Anna and Elsa have really taken over in the past several months, and I think that they will soon become regulars among Meet & Greet characters. Hopefully they will return to the ships soon!

Point of interest. It can take up to 2 months to make ONE character costume ensemble, especially as complicated as Annas. Given the popularity in the parks (they just moved to Fantasyland BTW), I am quite certain most costuming resources are dedicated there, as well as staffing and training. While I am certain that Disney would love to get them on this ships too, it may take a while.

Anna and Elsa are a hot commodity, right now! The Meet & Greet wait at Magic Kingdom has exceeded three hours several times during the past week. Anna and Elsa dresses are being snatched up the second they're brought to the floor. Disney Store Times Square actually had to remove all Elsa dresses from the floor because parents were physically fighting each other for them!

I would say that Anna and Elsa have really taken over in the past several months, and I think that they will soon become regulars among Meet & Greet characters. Hopefully they will return to the ships soon!

I never saw Anna or Elsa on our cruise in April, but Frozen was shown repeatedly in the theater and some were singalongs. My girls said even the non-singalong versions still had people singing along which was not a problem, just noted.

My DD15 is a Little Mermaid fan. Is she on all the ships? She was told by a friend that on DCL certain days are character themed, and one is Little Mermaid. Is this correct? Thanks.

No....30 cruises and I've never seen days themed to specific characters. In the kid program there are character activities, but again, no themed days to a particular character.

There are plenty of activities that revolve around characters. There are princess meet and greets, costumed characters based on the port or evening theme (pirate, formal, etc). Example--on pirate night, Captain Hook and Jack Sparrow will be out along with Mr. Smee. Mickey, Goofy, et al. will be in pirate costumes.

Wonder has Pixar themed evenings, now in Alaska.

Sent from my iPad.

But again, the theme is Pixar, not "Woody" or "Buzz." The theme is a broader concept, not a specific character. I've never seen a "Little Mermaid" themed evening or one dedicated to any other single character.

I would be surprised if Anna and Elsa were not on the Magic for the Northern European sailings in 2015, considering Disney's marketing strategy for these sailings.

I have my fingers and toes crossed for that (we're sailing the fjords!)

We were on the Dream April 20-24 and were told Anna "disembarked" the previous week. :( My daughter did go to three showings of Frozen, though. One of which was in 3D and we got to see the Olaf statue on Castaway Cay.

I was on the Dream April 27 - 30 (Still coming back to reality!) While in line for Princess Minnie we talked to one of the crew members and asked what he knew about Elsa and Anna coming on board the ships. He grimaced (probably been asked this a thousand times already) and said that they were apprehensive about the frenzy bringing on the Frozen girls would cause. He did mention that Anna was on board a while back but he seemed kind of terrified at the idea of what would happen if Elsa made an appearance. I got the idea that they were still trying to figure out how to do it without creating mass chaos. Perhaps by the time they have the northern European cruises the craze will have died down a bit or they'll have come up with a strategy.

I can't verify the accuracy of this, but was told by a CM that they are having issues with Elsa's costumes. Supposedly it is an issue of having them match the movie drawings while still being sturdy enough to stand up to hugs, etc. It seems they are happy with the costumes used in WDW on the floats and "distant" appearances, but the "up close" are not satisfying the powers that be.

Again, only a CM statement; may not reflect truth.