Buying A Bev Pkg - Onboard Price?

Oliver Wilson

I know if you buy a Bev Pkg onboard it is prorated to the remaining days of your cruise. Question: Is the daily price the same if you buy it before you leave as if you bought it after you board? Does anyone know the "real" daily price before gratuities? I get different answers based on who I talk to at Celebrity. :confused:

Price is the same on board as it is on the ship. Price is $49 per day for Classis & $ 59. for the Premium before gratuities.

Thank you for replying. Interesting, that's what Celebrity told me. That is a $5 increase over last year. But guess what? After researching some more, I decided to just go ahead and add it to my upcoming trip which I booked without "Pick Your Perk". It was only $44 and $54 before gratuities. I have since found several places that state Celebrity now has 2 prices - before and after you board. It would have cost me $57.50 for a 10 night w/ addl grat more for the Premium package if I had waited (maybe).

Please note that I expect anyone upgrading their package on board would still only pay the $10 difference between Classic and Premium.

Edited by Oliver Wilson

Celebrity did have 2 prices up until a short time ago. $44 & $54 if bought on line- $49 & 59 when bought on board.

I believe the change occurred around the first of the year to make the price $49 & 59 no matter when purchased. That is the price showing on the website.

If you were able to successfully purchase for the old price you may have been the benefactor of a glitch in the X website and yes the upgrade price is $10 plus of course the 15%.

If you were able to successfully purchase for the old price you may have been the benefactor of a glitch in the X website and yes the upgrade price is $10 plus of course the 15%.

Oops- meant to say beneficiary:)

So if I may jump in, are you able to purchase this package part way thru a 7 day cruise?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Yes you can - I THINK until 2 days before the end - but you can confirm that with any bartender. If you do, I highly suspect that you will be paying the $49 and $59/day - the onboard and List price - instead of the $44 and $54 that you could get online. $5.75 more per day...

Yes you can - I THINK until 2 days before the end - but you can confirm that with any bartender. If you do, I highly suspect that you will be paying the $49 and $59/day - the onboard and List price - instead of the $44 and $54 that you could get online. $5.75 more per day...

That would be for days remaining on cruise I would hope. I don't know if I would drink $49/day worth but if I see that I am then I'd like to purchase it for the remainder of the cruise.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app