Drink Package & sneaky sharing?

I think he was asking for suggestions from the less snarky, condescending, name calling or judgmental folks on this board, not you. Please move on to another topic where your comments might actually be appreciated. Thanks. Bye.

Allure of the Seas - March 2011, March 2012, upcoming July 2014

No, he was asking if it was okay to steal and it's not. It's pretty clear cut. I don't really care if OP doesn't like my comments. It's an ethical problem the OP has.

To me there are worse things in this world to worry about then someone having a $4 beer for free.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You really do miss the point. It's also obviously a generational thing, meaning that it's a black and white issue, not gray, regardless of what you "think". There are always worse things in the world and using that statement tells me you think it's okay.

OK, for those of you who are encouraging the sharing, let's look at this from an economic point of view, rather than a right or wrong point of view.

In the long run, RCI is in this to make money. Drinks consist of ingredients which are not free to them and they expect to net a certain profit on all bar sales. So if this sharing happens enough, 1 of 4 things (or possibly some combination of them) is going to occur in order to maintain the profit margin.

1. They will go back to having everyone in a cabin to buy the package.

2. The price of the package will go up.

3. The price of the cruise will go up.

4. Do away with the packages altogether.

And logically, we can also assume that if someone is talking about doing it on cruise critic, there are plenty others cruisers who are thinking about it too, because let's face it, the majority of cruisers have never even heard of cruise critic, let alone posted about drinking packages.

Economies of scale are a two-way street.

Edited by nolesrule

Not sure about on the Freedom but I do know when we sailed on the Allure, I was not able to purchase a beer for my sister using her card which had the drink package sticker on it. I guess they checked the picture and asked if I was my sister. I said no that I was getting it for her and they said she had to get it herself. I heard several other bartenders ask others through out the week as well. So I think they check who is buying it but whether they are somehow monitoring who is actually consuming it is a different story. Hope this helps. :)

Dolfans from Miami

only a brainless twit would question you

:cj

I am sure that all the people here that call it stealing, has never did anything wrong. That being said, the stealing of a few drinks is all figured in the price. If stealing gets more widespread then the price will go up. People are spending 60$ a day and not coming close to that in drinking. Keep in mind the cost of a beer is 80 cents or less.

Edited by tomahawk246