EPIC disembark in Barcelona for those that go on in Rome

tampafish

Interesting. We are also doing our first Haven experience during this itinerary. Wanting more time in Rome, we are doing the Rome to Rome route too but not until November 2015.

I'm curious now how it plays out as well.

I will let you know since I will sail in May 2015. I am hoping someone can give us insight before then:)

I will let you know since I will sail in May 2015. I am hoping someone can give us insight before then:)

Thank you! I know it's still a ways away, but I'm really excited about this itinerary - so i look forward to reading anything you have to share when you get back.

• 1 year later...
How did it turn out TSUmom? We are doing a Rome embarkation next week.

I'm doing a Rome embarkation next week as well! Would also love to soak up as much knowledge as possible about the process before I leave. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

I did this cruise two years ago from rome as well..barcelona day was my favorite...ive been to barcelona a lot of times so i opted to stay at the ship that day..it was really nice!!!the ship was almost empty for a lot of hours i enjoyed everything so much at one moment we had the entire pool for ourselves!!such a wonderful and relaxing day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Spending extra time in Rome was great! Embarkation was a breeze and we did not need to use our suite perks as there were very few boarding with us. We had the ship to ourselves for a few hours. There was not a "sail away" party but we did not need one.

The only time things were confusing for us was when we were in Barcelona for our excursion. We were dropped off at the port and it was mass confusion with embarking passengers and those of us returning from a port day. There are different color cards for the Rome/Rome passengers and the Barcelona passengers. The problem was ours was a suite card and they directed you to lines by the color of your card. So we were standing in a line (the wrong line) when we were recognized by the Assistant Concierge. Luckily he pulled us out of the line and got us onboard.

This trip was by far the best we have ever taken. I fell in love with Italy and want to return someday!!

If you have more questions I will be happy to try and answer them.

I'm doing a Rome embarkation next week as well! Would also love to soak up as much knowledge as possible about the process before I leave. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

Are you in the roll call for the Aug 26th departure?

Spending extra time in Rome was great! Embarkation was a breeze and we did not need to use our suite perks as there were very few boarding with us. We had the ship to ourselves for a few hours. There was not a "sail away" party but we did not need one.

The only time things were confusing for us was when we were in Barcelona for our excursion. We were dropped off at the port and it was mass confusion with embarking passengers and those of us returning from a port day. There are different color cards for the Rome/Rome passengers and the Barcelona passengers. The problem was ours was a suite card and they directed you to lines by the color of your card. So we were standing in a line (the wrong line) when we were recognized by the Assistant Concierge. Luckily he pulled us out of the line and got us onboard.

This trip was by far the best we have ever taken. I fell in love with Italy and want to return someday!!

If you have more questions I will be happy to try and answer them.

Thanks for the insight.

Do you remember if they offered the "stuff a bag" laundry any other day than Wednesday. Where we are boarding in Rome on Wednesday I am hoping we don't have too much laundry at that point. I have read that regular laundry service can get quite expensive.

We did this a couple years ago. Our train from Rome to the port had significant delays, and we were very late boarding. We missed the special muster drill they do for embarkation in Rome. We went to Guest Services, and they asked us if we were comfortable and knowledgeable about what to do in an emergency. We told them yes, and that was it. No makeup drill. And no special sailaway, as it's just another port day on the itinerary. We had no issues getting off the ship in Barcelona or getting back on. I am completely happy with the way we did the cruise out of Rome!