Carnival Sunshine balcony question

GrandmaHofmann

I am hoping someone will assure me that they put up the drop down beds during the day. When we were on the Imagination, they left our sofa as a bed during the entire cruise.

All you need do is tell them what you want. And they will make it so. They can't read your mind.

Why would they need to read my mind in order to know a drop down bed that covers a foot of the main bed should be put up during the day? Are they stupid?

Because many post that they like the bed available for naps in the daytime.

The stewards will do it however you request it, but you need to let them know. If you don't tell them anything, they will most likely leave the upper bunk down the whole time. Most (but not all) stewards do it that way, mainly because that's how most guests want it.

Keep in mind that whoever is using that upper bunk for sleeping will have nowhere even to sit during the day if the upper bunk is put away. That was the case with me on my first cruise. There were many times that I might be waiting on someone or any number of other reasons that caused me to have to stand in the room, because I had nowhere to sit. The solution is to be very aware of that person's situation when they're in the room, and to allow them to use your bed for sitting or laying at any time during the day. That didn't happen with who I was traveling with on that cruise. Many people just don't realize those things. I got very frustrated with my friends for not realizing it, but I didn't want to be a complainer either, so I just put up with it.

Edited by k2excursion

Why would they need to read my mind in order to know a drop down bed that covers a foot of the main bed should be put up during the day? Are they stupid?

No they're not stupid. Many guest request that the bed be left down.

Why do you think they are stupid? I think it's logical to leave it down to avoid the hassle of having to deal with it twice a day. Multiply that for numerous cabins. If you want it up, ask. Most people prefer it down.

I can't imagine 4 people walking around an already small room, bumping heads on a bed hanging down. I would imagine people could sit on the sofa during the day. That should not be left as a bed either. But to each his own.

Well aren't you the "cheery" type.

Good grief.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe in balcony cabins the pullman bed is located above the couch for more of a bunkbed type look.

That should help to avoid the upper bed being in the way. That being said, if you don't ask they will leave it down.

We've sailed Imagination before and while we didn't have a sofa bed, our steward would put the bunks away during the day. Maybe it depends on the steward?? :/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Saltz